(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)

We are an OC Bleach RP looking for people who enjoy easy-going role playing, but we do enjoy a bit of excitement here and there.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Tuxedo Ruk & Kitty's Otome Adventures
Norma and Jurobei - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2023 8:27 pm by Rukuya

» Science Rules
Norma and Jurobei - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 5:34 pm by Potatoes O'Brien

» Box of Nerds
Norma and Jurobei - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 11:12 am by Yes

» Lost and Found... Hopefully? [Open]
Norma and Jurobei - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 9:24 pm by Rukuya

» Much Ado About Eating
Norma and Jurobei - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 11:27 am by Potatoes O'Brien

» Saintly Territory
Norma and Jurobei - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 10:22 pm by The ArchKitty

» tl;dr—The Philosophy of Knowledge and Sand Castles
Norma and Jurobei - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 11:13 am by Potatoes O'Brien

» Colors of the Heart
Norma and Jurobei - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 1:52 am by The ArchKitty

» Double Face [Shinya]
Norma and Jurobei - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 4:56 pm by Rukuya

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Norma and Jurobei

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sunny
Admin
Sunny

Norma and Jurobei - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norma and Jurobei   Norma and Jurobei - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 5:47 pm

Norma slapped her hand on the table, pride filling her heart with Jurbobei's words. That's what she liked to hear. That's how every shinigami should be. That's how she felt.

"Hell yeah! That's the spirit Jurobei! Let them step out of line, we'll string them from the rafters and gut them like fish!"
Back to top Go down
https://withinmemories.rpg-board.net

PostSubject: Re: Norma and Jurobei   Norma and Jurobei - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 6:15 pm

"When all this pretense is over and done with, you'll have to race Setsuna to even get the chance."

It was a rare feeling; Jurobei enjoyed dropping his surface visage for her. Norma was the closest to knowing his true personality to begin with. He really did miss Norma's company after all these years. She understood and accepted his darker side when it showed. She was the best friend anyone could ask for; someone who understood, yet someone who challenged and poked holes in his armor.
Back to top Go down
Sunny
Admin
Sunny

PostSubject: Re: Norma and Jurobei   Norma and Jurobei - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 6:21 pm

"I'll elbow the old bitch in the ribs to get my chance too."

Norma said with a wink. She didn't dislike Setsuna, in fact it was quite the opposite. She just didn't like how fake Setsuna was. So obviously fake. Jurobei had his facades, but he cared enough to make sure almost no one knew that they were just that, fake. Setsuna didn't give a shit if someone knew of her true nature or not. She would slice your throat and smile in your face. It was annoying.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Norma and Jurobei   Norma and Jurobei - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 8:07 pm

Jurobei winked back. "She'd be more impressed than pissed if you managed to pulled that off, that's for sure."

He knew Norma and Setsuna were close friends too, even though they had their occasional dispute. Again, rare good friends seemed to manage to get past the bullshit most of the time and get to the crux of the matter. He wasn't that close to Setsuna; he'd never be because it was necessary that he wasn't to forward his plans. He was glad for Norma, though, really glad that she still had her charm and edge re-entering the world of shinigami from her long retirement.
Back to top Go down
Sunny
Admin
Sunny

PostSubject: Re: Norma and Jurobei   Norma and Jurobei - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 8:51 pm

"I bet she would. There may be snow on the roof, but there is still a fire in my furnace"

Norma said with a hearty laugh. She tapped her cane on the floor, drawing Jurobei's attention to it hopefully.

"They can think I'm a helpless old woman, but I will show them just what this old walking stick can do."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Norma and Jurobei   Norma and Jurobei - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 12:48 am

"They think that I'm a helpless old man, so that makes two of us. I'll have to keep a mental list of my best kills if a war does break out, so when Sets decides to host another 'tea party', we'll have a better choice of topics."

"Last time I used runes for combat was against the Kenpachi, and it made me realize how much combat really does make better use of my services."
Back to top Go down
Sunny
Admin
Sunny

PostSubject: Re: Norma and Jurobei   Norma and Jurobei - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 8:09 pm

"I would say your mind is your biggest asset Jurobei. There aren't many among us who can play a game of mental chess quite like you, and I'm sure you could stir quote the riveting conversation at one of Setsuna's...soirees."

Norma adjusted herself in the chair she was sitting in. Why on earth had Setsuna chosen such uncomfortable seats?

"I hope you managed to knock the bitch around a bit."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Norma and Jurobei   Norma and Jurobei - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 8:52 pm

"I learned how to play mental chess from the best." He lifted his glass towards Norma, and took a sip from his glass. Jurobei could counter Norma's unusual flattery if need be. "As for conversations, Setsuna's mind always seems to be elsewhere. I don't blame her for wanting to stir things up with the Grand Ball; she's obviously bored with the status quo."

"Nothing decisive for a win against her, because if she even notices I'm winning, she'd just knock the board away. Which is why I play many games simultaneously, like she does. I'll surprise her, one day. She has had her eye on science division weapons for a while now, so maybe she thinks my runes are antiquated. I'll show her."

"Speaking of showing off, I overheard there's some sort of amateur hour going on on the roof, some sort of unarmed fight club. I hardly see the point of it; if I'm going to fight, it's to kill. Nothing held back."
Back to top Go down
Sunny
Admin
Sunny

PostSubject: Re: Norma and Jurobei   Norma and Jurobei - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 10:45 pm

"Slap the board away? More like ram the pieces into your skull. Ha!"

Norma gave a short laugh at the end of her statement. Jurobei was right though. Setsuna would never allow someone to get the better of her. Once she sensed deception, or thought she did, she'd cut off the source.

"Sounds like people who aren't smart enough to have a battle of wits, so they knock fists together. Barbarians. I agree with you, when I enter the battle field it's for blood. Most certainly not for fun."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Norma and Jurobei   Norma and Jurobei - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 7:38 pm

Jurobei also had to laugh at Norma's more apt description of how Setsuna played chess. It wasn't fair; that's what made Setsuna such a dangerous and worthy adversary.

Quote :
"Sounds like people who aren't smart enough to have a battle of wits, so they knock fists together. Barbarians. I agree with you, when I enter the battle field it's for blood. Most certainly not for fun."

"Maybe Setsuna'll enter just to beat the piss outta people; she didn't break it up yet, so she either supports the idea or simply doesn't care enough to."
Back to top Go down
Sunny
Admin
Sunny

PostSubject: Re: Norma and Jurobei   Norma and Jurobei - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 11:44 pm

Norma winked at Jurobei as he let out a laugh in response. It was good to see him loosen up again. Norma felt sorry for Jurobei sometimes. She felt like there was a part of him, somewhere he kept hidden, that was a broken little boy who was begging to be taken care of. Begging to be loved, and cared for. Unfortunately, it was probably far to late to help him.

Norma was snapped back to their present conversation with the mention of Setsuna and the fighting on the roof.

"She can't bare to make an ass of herself twice in one night. She must save face some how, dear Jurobei."

Norma mocked Setsuna's voice and mannerisms as she said the last part of her sentence. It was all too clear to the two of them, just how irritating their friend could be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Norma and Jurobei   Norma and Jurobei - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 3:26 am

Jurobei couldn't help himself but to continue laughing, because Norma had captured Setsuna's annoying essence so perfectly. "I think, you're the only one that could ever really get me to laugh like this. My sides, I don't think they'll make it!"

He was on the verge of tears, because Norma's humor always held that element of immutable truth; truth that really made everything people ever did look incredibly foolish.

"The night hasn't even begun yet, either, it seems, has it? I guess when we're talking about a darkness that'll last for a thousand years, this night might be the last one we see~"

He bit his tongue, trying again not to laugh, but he was reaching a breaking point. "I told Setsuna, Armageddon is coming. I can just see her now, with a straight face, 'as long as it doesn't interrupt our afternoon tea time'."
Back to top Go down
Sunny
Admin
Sunny

PostSubject: Re: Norma and Jurobei   Norma and Jurobei - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 10:31 pm

Norma couldn't remember a time she had seen Jurobei laugh like this. He either drank too much, or squad four had improved the quality of their medication.

"Don't pop your stitches you old geezer."

Norma jested. Norma calling Jurobei old was the pot calling the kettle black. A darkness that'll last a thousand years? What was Jurobei on about? Did he know something she didn't?

"It would go more something like this 'Armageddon? Darling, that went out of style centuries ago.'"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Norma and Jurobei   Norma and Jurobei - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 10:56 pm

"You're right, you're right!"

He took another drink. Why not? It's hell in heaven anyway.

"Especially the stitches around here." He motioned his hand around his mouth. "The stitches were made so my scowl wouldn't fall apart. Wouldn't want some young chipper punk thinking I can laugh. Might make em' think that I'm just a retired ol' geezer."

"I'm sure she would say something like that, yes. The old style would be to have millions of shinigami die than let even a single demon set foot on holy ground. Oh, times have changed."
Back to top Go down
Sunny
Admin
Sunny

PostSubject: Re: Norma and Jurobei   Norma and Jurobei - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 6:40 pm

"You silly old buzzard. Hell, if my squad members see me laughing like this they may stop taking my threats seriously, but that would be foolish on their parts."

Norma smiled and laughed lightly. She took a drink of water as she listened to Jurobei speak. He did it again. He hinted at something. Was something going on that she didn't know about?

"Have times changed that much, or am I just out of the loop?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Norma and Jurobei   Norma and Jurobei - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 10:39 pm

Jurobei tapped his nose lightly with a smirk on face.

"You can see the change if you look close enough. Being part of the loop is natural when one knows the cycle of things. A new cycle is beginning; this event is the genesis for it, the Armageddon."

The smirk faded though bitterness. "The time has come when certain actions might become necessary in order to secure the future for shinigami. Actions which cannot wait for council, because they must be adaptive and responsive to the present situation. Times may change, but people like us will not when it comes to handling things. We do what we must."

He finished his drink and stood, bowing lightly to Norma, his voice code switched back to a brighter, happier tone. "Thank you greatly for your company this evening Norma, but there are other matters that I need to attend to."
Back to top Go down
Sunny
Admin
Sunny

PostSubject: Re: Norma and Jurobei   Norma and Jurobei - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 10:28 pm

Norma nodded courteously. She had had a good time with Jurobei, even if he had become strange suddenly. Norma raised her glass to the captain as he took his leave.

"Take care of yourself ole chap."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Norma and Jurobei   Norma and Jurobei - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Norma and Jurobei
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2