(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)

We are an OC Bleach RP looking for people who enjoy easy-going role playing, but we do enjoy a bit of excitement here and there.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Tuxedo Ruk & Kitty's Otome Adventures
With Great Power... [nsfw] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2023 8:27 pm by Rukuya

» Science Rules
With Great Power... [nsfw] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 5:34 pm by Potatoes O'Brien

» Box of Nerds
With Great Power... [nsfw] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 11:12 am by Yes

» Lost and Found... Hopefully? [Open]
With Great Power... [nsfw] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 9:24 pm by Rukuya

» Much Ado About Eating
With Great Power... [nsfw] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 11:27 am by Potatoes O'Brien

» Saintly Territory
With Great Power... [nsfw] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 10:22 pm by The ArchKitty

» tl;dr—The Philosophy of Knowledge and Sand Castles
With Great Power... [nsfw] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 11:13 am by Potatoes O'Brien

» Colors of the Heart
With Great Power... [nsfw] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 1:52 am by The ArchKitty

» Double Face [Shinya]
With Great Power... [nsfw] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 4:56 pm by Rukuya

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

With Great Power... [nsfw]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

With Great Power... [nsfw] - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: With Great Power... [nsfw]   With Great Power... [nsfw] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 3:13 am

Humming as she land gently, Aoi looked back up while shielding her eyes. Rin was at the window and it seemed he was worried? She smiled and waved before walking around the house. Her stockings were going to get a bit dirty...

Reaching a bush near the house, she quickly grabbed out the thick watertight bag. If she had had to leave, she had wanted to make sure it was entirely hidden from Ruku. Just in case. She also hadn't wanted to bring it in... It was annoying keeping these secrets, but Rin was adamant about it. Aoi worried her powers this close to these two would awaken Ruka, Rin's powers already changing. It could be training or it could be her effecting them already.

Heading back inside through the front, she stretched as she walked back up the stairs. She entered the bedroom with a smile, holding out the bag. "I'm back."

It didn't have that many books in it, but she was still proud of the fact that she could obtain them. They weren't bound, but it wouldn't be hard to read them. Setting the bag down on the bed, she plopped down herself, her feet kicking off the edge as she started to open the bag.
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: With Great Power... [nsfw]   With Great Power... [nsfw] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 3:27 am

"Welcome back." Rin smiled as Aoi moved over to the bed again, setting the bag she held down before sitting down herself. He followed shortly after, moving to seat himself with the blankets in hand.

Even if they couldn't learn much, it would still be worth the search for learning anything at all.
Back to top Go down
http://rukuya.tumblr.com/
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: With Great Power... [nsfw]   With Great Power... [nsfw] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 6:14 pm

"Thank you."

Moving close to Rin, she took a blanket and wrapped it around herself as she pulled one unbound book towards her. She leaned slightly against Rin, her head on his shoulder, as she flipped through the pages. She had taken the more obscure of the journals, one that hadn't seemed to have a lot of information about fullbringers but a lot about the other races. It did have gems scattered around in it, so she would leave the more dense ones for Rin for now. The other three books were two journals and one was a more textbook styled one.

It''d take them a while to read through them, though Aoi didn't mind. If she could just sit here and be of some use, she'd be happy for now.
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: With Great Power... [nsfw]   With Great Power... [nsfw] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 6:32 pm

Rin flipped through the pages of one of the books, one of the other journals, after they'd situated themselves comfortably. His eyes scanned over the pages carefully, digesting the documented words as he searched for information hidden within.

He'd noticed some vague things, such as pulling souls from objects, but not necessarily how to go about doing the things mentioned. It was a bit strange. Objects having souls? It was certainly something he'd never considered before. Living things, of course, but ordinary objects as well. It was...interesting.

All in all, most of the information he came across was vague, but it was information nonetheless and he was beginning to understand a decent bit more than he had.
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: With Great Power... [nsfw]   With Great Power... [nsfw] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 7:05 pm

Aoi's book proved to have little of use until towards the end, where it rambled off into a discussion of the one ability that was similar across the races. They all had some form of flash step, and it seemed that towards the end of this work they had decided to do a thorough study of it. Sitting up and stretching her legs, she read further just to make sure but... It seemed it had detailed instruction for how several of the races moved, other than the elusive arrancars.

It seems the fullbring one was rather complicated though, involving the pulling on the soul of air or water or whatever to make themselves faster or the ground bouncier... It seemed like it had a lot of uses, or ways to use it. After reading it, she frowned and nudged Rin slightly, holding the book out for him to see. "Shiro-usa, look. I found something. Its about the movement ability, I still don't understand this talk of pulling on souls though. But this one says to utilize it fully you need to."
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: With Great Power... [nsfw]   With Great Power... [nsfw] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 7:20 pm

"There was something about pulling the souls from objects in this one too, though not very informative on how to go about it." Rin glanced over at Aoi's nudge, replying after she had finished speaking.

If he could figure out exactly how to do that, he could work on learning and mastering that movement ability; which would make it easier for him to get away from hollows if he needed to. A move like that could be lifesaving.
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: With Great Power... [nsfw]   With Great Power... [nsfw] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 9:42 pm

"Hm, well think about how you summon your power? Does it do it everytime you touch your scarf? If so, how do you take it off regularly?" Aoi took a few moments and tried to figure out how to help. Maybe it was something... he needed to do less unconsciously. Like his powers. He just used them. She knew how to flashstep due to her learning the steps, but if she had done it without learning that?

"Um, so...maybe think about your power and how you feel when you are about to use it and then try it on things?" She added helpfully at the end, knowing her questions could be answered but it'd be good to give a reason as to why she was asking.
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: With Great Power... [nsfw]   With Great Power... [nsfw] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 10:10 pm

Rin thought, his eyes glancing back down at the book in his hands as Aoi finished speaking. When he summoned his weapon he always had the intention to, if he didn't wish to use his weapon but simply remove his scarf he did so...

He tried to think back to when he'd first gained his abilities, trying to think back to when it didn't just come naturally. Considering how full of confusion he'd been back then, how much hadn't made sense, it was hard to think back on it...difficult to find what he needed. Perhaps, with enough effort he could figure it out by doing what Aoi was suggesting; try to apply how he feels, his thoughts, and the like when using his power and apply it to that.

"It's certainly worth a shot, with enough time and effort put into it perhaps I can figure it out...or at least get a grasp on it." He mused, mostly to himself.
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: With Great Power... [nsfw]   With Great Power... [nsfw] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 10:25 pm

Aoi closed her book and set it down, finished with it for now. Now with a free hand, she reached up and gently touched Rin's cheek, looking at him with a smile. "We found some interesting things at least so far. Your powers sound like they would be cool! Almost like telekinesis. Could you call to the soul of things and make them come to you I wonder? Like say... a muffin just out of reach."

"And... you should practice on me." Aoi's eyes were serious as she stared up at him. She knew she looked young, she knew she should be worried but... he needed it. She wanted to help him and in this she could easily.
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: With Great Power... [nsfw]   With Great Power... [nsfw] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 10:57 pm

"I suppose with enough practice...I mean...it did mention being able to pull the souls from objects and food is an object...so, maybe?" He replied, setting the book he held aside.

Again with practicing on her? He supposed it wasn't something that would ever just be let go...but still...

He would rather not, despite knowing she was strong and could handle it if she actually did get hurt but he still didn't like it. He had doubt in himself, if he'd even be able to bring himself to use his full strength against her if he agreed but...he also knew that would be equivalent to an insult, or well, it could be considered one.

"I'd still...rather not." Rin responded, "I mean...I know you're strong and I'm the one being foolish but, I still don't like the idea of accidentally hurting you; especially if my powers are growing...I know you can handle it, but...I suppose I'm the problem." He gave a small smile, not exactly a happy one though. "Hurting you hurts me, which is selfish, I know...but, I don't like the risk even if it's small."
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: With Great Power... [nsfw]   With Great Power... [nsfw] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 11:27 pm

"I..." Aoi frowned. Rin was so adamant about this. He wasn't normally this forceful, even in a round about way. Trying to work this out, she felt she owed him to try and understand... His words rang in her head 'hurting you hurts me', and tried to think of what a hurt Rin would do to her.

It felt like a pain shot in her chest as she did, and assigning her own blame to it... It made it worse. It was a what if, a nonvisual what if, but it still felt... painful. She would never hurt him, not intentionally. But what if she had? What if in practice she hurt him badly, not simple practice injuries that occurred.

Her frown disappeared and she bit her lip as she looked down, one hand going to her dress as she clenched it over her heart. Him being hurt... would hurt her. She knew that even if she didn't have to experience it. She knew he was practicing, Aoi knew that it would be fine. It would help him to have her help, but its possible it would do nothing for him. "I couldn't...ever face myself if you were hurt and I could have helped... It would hurt me so bad, so I guess I am selfish too. I am trying to save myself that hurt, just like you are."

"I understand... I just want to help, in any way I can. Its not foolish to care about people and not want to hurt them." Aoi stared at the bedding, her hand still holding the dress. "I'm sorry if I have pushed you about this."
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: With Great Power... [nsfw]   With Great Power... [nsfw] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 11:59 pm

"It's fine, really...I understand you want to help." Lifting his hand, he put it on her head; gently petting it in an attempt at comfort.

If they could just figure out another way...

An idea came to him, but...it wasn't exactly the smartest, nor the easiest to go about doing, and also a bit reckless. "Maybe...practice on hollows?" He mentioned, "I never really seek them out but...they do need to be taken care of in the city, though it could also draw unwanted attention...Hmm...I suppose that would make it provide a larger risk...Ah, sorry; forget I said that."

Despite the advantages...that idea seemed to just have more disadvantages to outweigh the advantages. He was thinking too much on it too soon, it wasn't something to rush into. If there was a better way it didn't have to be figured out now. For now, he could just continue like he had been and if any hollows came his way they could be taken care of.
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: With Great Power... [nsfw]   With Great Power... [nsfw] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 1:26 am

Aoi leaned into the petting, loving whenever Rin did that. She relaxed, waiting a minute or two to reply to Rin as the idea twisted in her head. It was stupid and reckless and ridiculous... She had offered before, but that was mostly to help him out with regular practice. Finding hollows to use unstable powers on could be dangerous, but...

She put a finger on his lips and smiled. "That sounds like a decently reckless and stupid plan, but... I'll be there to help and protect you. So I'd rather this than you going out alone and just getting attacked."

"And since I have today free, even if it is a bit later... We could go test it for my peace of mind? Hmmm Rin?" Removing her finger, Aoi replaced it with her mouth as she moved up to kiss him quickly. She pulled away right after, grinning a bit mischievously.
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: With Great Power... [nsfw]   With Great Power... [nsfw] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 1:41 am

He supposed it would be better if Aoi were around...if they really were going attempt that idea. The biggest worry was attracting attention that could prove too much to handle.

"It is rather reckless..." Rin chuckled, "I suppose it's not the first time I've let a reckless idea cross my mind though. I don't mind trying it, but if you sense anything off we leave."

His senses weren't as refined as her's were...so he felt that if anything was off she'd be the first to realize. Hollows were simple, for the most part; most of them attacked on instinct, hardly thinking before attacking. Some were smarter but they were rarer to encounter. The humanoid ones were the biggest worry, those had to be avoided at all costs...even if it was highly unlikely they'd encounter one it was still a concern.

He'd been so caught up in his thoughts he hadn't had time to respond to Aoi's kiss, though, it hadn't exactly lasted long enough to respond to in the first place.
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: With Great Power... [nsfw]   With Great Power... [nsfw] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 1:56 am

"You have some sort of secret reckless side I bet. Probably helped for your rather...unique weapon." Aoi would never let this go. Even though she knew him a lot better, even if his weapon grew and changed and he found new powers for it... Aoi would tease him for its shape. She did love it, it was a lovely weapon and if she admitted it she was fond of whips.

Looking around, Aoi laid herself down on the bed and then pulled out a soul candy. Popping it into her mouth, she left her body and appeared in her uniform, standing above the bed. The soul candy blinked and looked around, then closed its eyes and laid there. It seemed comfy enough.

Hopping down, she landed on the floor with a merely soft whisper of sound. Looking at Rin, she had to sigh as she examined him with a teachers eyes. "Those clothes you have on are much better than what you normally wear. You can move easier in these, even if they aren't as fashionable. Is there anything you have that's...both easy to move in and suits your tastes? We shouldn't see anyone, especially if we head to the woods right away."
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: With Great Power... [nsfw]   With Great Power... [nsfw] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 2:05 am

"Ah, well..." Most of his clothes were fashioned around his scarf, which was rather...elegant looking in and of itself, so for the most part he didn't exactly have easy to move in clothes other than his usual lounging ones for when he was at home. "I don't exactly...have much other than these..."

He had a few multiple pairs of his lounging clothes, but they weren't exactly something to walk around in public in.
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: With Great Power... [nsfw]   With Great Power... [nsfw] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 2:22 am

"Well... they are suitable for going outside in. Black should look fine as long as you have a coat on over. A coat couldn't be too restraining right?" Aoi smiled and motioned Rin to leave the bed. She then went over to his closet and poked at it, frowning after a second. "I'd feel bad looking through but... I'll have to double check. Fashion and looks come after safety."

Aoi had no idea how Rin would react but she knew she had to keep him safe. If she could wrap him in some sort of safety armor she would.
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: With Great Power... [nsfw]   With Great Power... [nsfw] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 2:35 am

He...He couldn't go out wearing these. If it was out back, in the forest...he supposed it would be okay but not in public! Even if fashion and looks came after safety he couldn't just go walking around in what was essentially his pajamas!

He didn't even have shoes that went with this! These weren't public-outing clothes, not at all...

Even if he didn't care too much about...reputation, he had to at least a little...he was a popular author...a popular author who always dressed elegantly and properly...if he went out dressed in...well...this...

Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: With Great Power... [nsfw]   With Great Power... [nsfw] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 2:42 am

Aoi stood there at his closet doors, watching and waiting... And waiting and waiting. Rin just stayed on the bed. He was just sitting there, making faces? Odd faces, like he was internally freaking out over something.

Her hands covering her mouth, the shinigami tried to hide her smile. He really was so flustered over this. His lounging clothes looked perfectly fine for going out in, they just weren't very fancy was all. She couldn't help it, some giggles bubbled from her lips. As he continued to have his little... internal fight, she kept giggling more and more until she was holding her sides with laughter. He was so ridiculously cute!

But she needed him safe. Through some remaining giggles, she backed up and through his closet doors. "I-I guess I'll get to pick your clothes then. You'll have to wear whatever I want... Shiro-usa."
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: With Great Power... [nsfw]   With Great Power... [nsfw] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 2:50 am

"Wouldn't it...be better to practice in clothes I would normally wear though? Since if I encounter anything I'd be fighting in those clothes anyway..."

If his clothes got damaged he could always buy more or repair the damages done if they were minor enough...

Anything to keep him from leaving the house in clothes like these. He was fine wearing them at home, that's what they were for but...

Aoi was finding this rather hilarious, and if he weren't well, him, he could see why. He moved from the bed finally, making his way over to Aoi as she continued laughing after making her way inside the closet.

Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: With Great Power... [nsfw]   With Great Power... [nsfw] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 3:04 am

"I...guess. Its better to practice first and then put restrictions on later... But conditions aren't ideal for you so..." Aoi's voice was hesitant from the closed closet. She couldn't see inside, except through a bit of light and it was dark. How big was this thing?

"Why is it so bad to wear those? They look perfectly fine on you." Wandering around blindly, she oofed when she ran into a stack of something and then giggled as she fell on her butt. "Oops."
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: With Great Power... [nsfw]   With Great Power... [nsfw] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 3:22 am

Rin reflexively moved his hand to the wall inside the closet, finding the light to turn it on just as Aoi fell to the floor. His closet was a bit large, fitting not only clothes and shoes but extra blankets and things as well.

"These are essentially my pajamas...so it's a bit...odd feeling for me to be out in public with them." Rin tried to explain, "I also have my reputation to worry about, usually...I wouldn't concern myself with it but hmm, how do I put it...Considering my profession...if I'm seen dressed so casually instead of in my usual attire...ah, public image may be damaged and if the public image, as ridiculous as it can be, is damaged it can be harmful. If my image is damaged there's a chance I could suffer money-wise and if I suffer money-wise I can't help out on bills and such as much as I do."
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: With Great Power... [nsfw]   With Great Power... [nsfw] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 3:34 am

"I didn't think of that... at all. Oh no and you spent so much on me! I have human world money now! I can pay you back!" Aoi was horrified and scrambled as she stood so she could run out of the closet. She couldn't hurt Rin's ability to pay bills! She had to pay him back and help him!
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: With Great Power... [nsfw]   With Great Power... [nsfw] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 3:38 am

He was a bit surprised when she suddenly stood, but at her words he moved to block the closet door; or at least catch her before she bolted out of it.

"It's fine, it's fine." Rin tried to explain. "You don't have to pay me back. As of now I make plenty, I have plenty saved up from being careful with it; I'm just thinking about the potential 'what if' scenarios."

He hadn't meant to freak her out...perhaps he worded it wrong, perhaps maybe even over exaggerated but he hadn't expected her reaction to be this.

"It's fine, really."
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: With Great Power... [nsfw]   With Great Power... [nsfw] - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 3:44 am

As Rin's arms wrapped around her and held her from leaving the closet, he spoke and Aoi listened with rapt attention. He was being kind even to his detriment.

There was a stubborn tilt to her chin and her face as she stared up at the taller man she was pressed against. She hadn't moved away from him, but stared up at him with utter seriousness. "But if you have to be that careful with your looks that means its entirely dependent on fickle feelings and I can't let you get me anything just in case! You have to make sure you have enough to last just in case Rin, in case they turn on you. You and Ruka have many years to live left, you have to live with money. I don't need it, its useless to me. I get meals in the Seireitei and Masaru feeds me cookies. I also have uniforms, so I am fine!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: With Great Power... [nsfw]   With Great Power... [nsfw] - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

With Great Power... [nsfw]
Page 7 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜) :: The World of the Living :: Japan-
Jump to: