(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)

We are an OC Bleach RP looking for people who enjoy easy-going role playing, but we do enjoy a bit of excitement here and there.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Tuxedo Ruk & Kitty's Otome Adventures
Bored and Defused - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2023 8:27 pm by Rukuya

» Science Rules
Bored and Defused - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 5:34 pm by Potatoes O'Brien

» Box of Nerds
Bored and Defused - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 11:12 am by Yes

» Lost and Found... Hopefully? [Open]
Bored and Defused - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 9:24 pm by Rukuya

» Much Ado About Eating
Bored and Defused - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 11:27 am by Potatoes O'Brien

» Saintly Territory
Bored and Defused - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 10:22 pm by The ArchKitty

» tl;dr—The Philosophy of Knowledge and Sand Castles
Bored and Defused - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 11:13 am by Potatoes O'Brien

» Colors of the Heart
Bored and Defused - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 1:52 am by The ArchKitty

» Double Face [Shinya]
Bored and Defused - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 4:56 pm by Rukuya

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Bored and Defused

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rukuya

Rukuya

Bored and Defused - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored and Defused   Bored and Defused - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 5:24 pm

Another small laugh was given at Yukari's words; beggars can't be choosers, seemed like it. Narue had only spent the necessary time at the academy before she'd become a shinigami...but Yukari probably had a lot more learning experience due to staying there for awhile!

"I'll bet you learned a lot though, by sticking around at the academy!"

She loved her job, that was good! The Twelfth probably had a lot of things she loved, like explosions. It was the research and development division so Yukari got to have lots of hands on work with things from the sound of it.

"Everyone needs a break, sometimes it's healthy to get away from the work environment... It'd be bad to overwork yourself and wind up in Fourth!"
Back to top Go down
http://rukuya.tumblr.com/
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Bored and Defused   Bored and Defused - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 2:04 pm

"Yeeeep! Spent enough years there to get a pretty good grasp on how stuff's supposed to go. Made a few enemies with some of the staff too, hehe." Ahh, her old Reiatsu Chemistry teacher... How she drove that poor woman halfway to madness. And Yukari didn't regret a damn thing~ Try and tell little Miss Motou that there's such thing as an unbreakable measuring device, see what happens.

"I mean, I guess people need breaks? I was usually good working long nights and everything a lot, so it never really bothered me too much. Although being up at night meant no ordinance testing either... People get really mad when you interrupt their 'sleep' with your 'needless testing' for some reason..." She said with a bit of an exaggerated sigh before winking over at Narue.

Yeah, being here in the Human World kinda sucked, but at least Narue was pretty fun to talk to. Take that, boring humans. A 'dead' person was more interesting than all of you.

"Oh they kinda know me around the Fourth already, trust me!" She held up her fingers in front of Narue and wiggled them slightly before looking down  at her perfectly normal fingers. "Oh yeah... Gigai. Anyway! Back in the Academy I kinda made a mistake and let something go off in my hand, killing the nerve endings and stuff in the tips." She shrugged softly and finished off her cup of sake.

"After the initial patching up I kinda refused to let them restore the feeling in them. I thought 'hey, here's a good lesson for me to start paying a bit more attention to what I'm doing', right? They gave me a few weird looks, sure, but now it's worked out for me so far. Haven't had an accident in decades!"
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Bored and Defused   Bored and Defused - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 4:42 pm

A few enemies, huh? W-Well things happened, and that's just how things had turned out for Yukari.

"It...really depends on the person, I guess; breaks are good every once in awhile...but it's good to not get spoiled by them! If you enjoy your job, it hardly feels like work so I can see how you don't get bored."

The lieutenant really loved what she did, obviously so, and Narue could see that. Hearing her talk about her current boredom, she could really see how much the woman enjoyed her worked...and explosions.

A small laugh was given at the comment about Fourth. So they were already well acquainted, huh? Wooow, she'd had that kind of accident!? She couldn't even begin to imagine what that must be like, the nerve endings dying at her fingertips... she supposed there just wouldn't be feeling?

Her fingertips were something she'd kept as a lesson to herself though, and Narue supposed...it was good she'd learned from it?

Still-!

"It's good you haven't had an accident recently then, at least!" No accident in decades, that was good! Really good!
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Bored and Defused   Bored and Defused - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 5:19 pm

Yukari nodded right along with what Narue said as she finished off her sake. “Yep, people getting too used to just lying around doesn’t really sit well with me either. Got to get off your bums and get back to working, right? But I guess you still have to get some sleep in every once in a while too, it’s not exactly the safest working environment when you’ve got someone groggy handling a detonation charge, believe me!” She said with a small smile.

“And I guess having a lunch is pretty important too… But if you can keep a secret-“ Yukari leaned in closer to Narue, hiding one side of her mouth behind her hand. “I really just keep a lot of snacks near my desk all the time. Got a bit of a weakness for chocolate, dontcha know.” She chuckled. “But there’s still mandatory lunches we take too, hmmph…” Yukari added with an exaggerated pout. She leaned back in her seat, her expression now a little less abysmally bored and more… relaxed. Of sorts.

“Well look at rude little ol’ me spouting off about myself. I feel like I’ve told you my life story and I don’t know a thing about you, Narue.” She chuckled softly and waved the bartender over. “Hey! Another sake please! And just leave the bottle; it’ll save you a trip or two.” After that, Yukari spun herself around in her chair and faced Narue again, her arm resting on the bar counter. “So, tell me about yourself. Other than making stuffed animals and stuff, what does 1st Division Lieutenant Narue like to do in her spare time? Dish, sister!”
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Bored and Defused   Bored and Defused - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 10:27 pm

"Yup! It's not good to become too lazy, it's hard for me to just lie around...when I relax I at least like to occupy myself with something..." Whether it be a book, or working on her plush making skills unless she was going to bed it was hard for her to just sit around.

Hehe~ Sleep, and lunch were definitely necessary! Food and sleep, certainly vital to everyday life...

Huuu? Yukari kept snacks hidden though? "I won't tell!" She smiled, promising she wouldn't go spreading the woman's secret.

"About me... Well, other than my plush making and work... Well I read up on ghost lore, there's lots of interesting stories to find in Human World folklore! Even Rukon! It's fun to me to read up on that kind of stuff, hehe~

Other than that I like to get out and go on walks occasionally, spend time with friends...hmm..."
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Bored and Defused   Bored and Defused - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 1:20 am

After securing the sacred trust of one Lieutenant Narue, Yukari offered her a straight-faced thumbs up to celebrate their shared snack-secret-keeping. Clearly she was a woman to be trusted. "Alright LT, you've moved really high up on my Cool List. Right up there with Captain Alex, Michael Bay, and that guy who first exploded a thing."

It was the most prestigious list that Yukari knew. Mostly because it was a list entirely made up by the Twelfth Division Lieutenant.

The bartender came back with a fresh sake bottle for Yukari, and she gave him a sort of half salute as she poured herself another glass. Narue keeping busy was a pretty high point too. Yukari figured that the 1st would probably had a good amount of time when the paperwork lulled or something. Probably couldn't shoot of fireworks inside the office either, so that killed that kinda fun...

"Ooohhh, you like ghost stories and stuff? Isn't that... kinda a bit ironic for our line of work?" she asked with a slight smirk. "Unless you're maybe looking for stories about yourself. In which case that's actually kinda funny and you should tell me if you find any!"
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Bored and Defused   Bored and Defused - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 4:43 pm

Narue's next laugh was a happy one as Yukari proclaimed she'd moved up on her "cool" list; it was nice of her, it was an easy secret to keep too~!

She didn't know who the Michael Bay person was though, hn... American? She could only assume, she wasn't that familiar with other countries...hell, she was hardly familiar with modern Japan.

As another bottle of sake was delivered to Yukari, Narue continued sipping on her own drink, enjoying its sweet taste.

A nod was given at the lieutenant's question; "Mhm! Ahaha, well... Kinda, ironic I guess...though there's tons of old legends about this world, and it's fun to read into it!" She smiled; "I don't think there's any stories about me, as far as I know I was born in the Rukon."
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Bored and Defused   Bored and Defused - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 12:15 am

Ahhhh, another glass of sake. Sweet, delicious sake... Yukari couldn't help but chuckle along with Narue as they talked. She was nice company after all. Doing a pretty decent job at keeping her attention away from how BORING the day would have been otherwise. So, so boring...

"I've never really tried too hard to look into the human's history myself. The only really good stuff happened a thousand-ish years ago, and besides, they're making a lot cooler stuff right now! I mean yeah, I'd like to had been old enough to see the first fireworks display, but eh. The way these guys keep evolving their tech, I'm sure that they'll keep me a little entertained..."

Yukari went back to tracing the rim of her glass with her finger as she talked, her other hand propping up her head. "But you're a Rukon baby? That's pretty neat too. It's always pretty interesting to meet a pure shinigami every once in a while, that's for sure." Hmm, what to talk about now... Wait, I know!

"So..." Yukari started, smiling slightly more as she looked over at Narue. "You seeing anyone, huh? C'mon, you can tell me! I can keep secrets too, you know!"
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Bored and Defused   Bored and Defused - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 7:04 pm

There were tons of things Narue found when it came to her research on occult folklore, so it kept her entertained rather easily! So many variations of some legends, and others that were completely different!

The various mythical ghosts and beasts...

Aha~ It was great!

"The technology really does evolve quickly here, it's really incredible!" Compared to the traditional, old timed appearance of the Rukon...the modern day human world was an incredible sight! It was amazing to think humans went from living in situations similar to the Rukon to what it was today!

With a nod, Narue confirmed Yukari's words; "Mhm! I was born in the Rukon!"

She had been, born in the Rukon and had become a shinigami later in life!

"E-Eh!?" Seeing anyone? "Aaaa, well I have friends! I visit them lots! I don't have anyone in the...romantic sense? That's what you were referring to, right?"

Nope, she definitely didn't!
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Bored and Defused   Bored and Defused - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 9:19 pm

"Yeah, if I have to give them something, it's that they sure don't let things stay the same for too long." Doesn't change that they're still boooriiiiiing more of the time~ "That and their penchant for blowing each other up a lot of the time too, but I tend to stay away from those parts as much as I can. There's a big difference in blowing stuff up for fun and blowing stuff up to hurt people, after all." Yukari nodded sagely, feeling that she had said something appropriately lieutenant like. Which of course deserved another drink of sake.

"Alright so now I'm curious, what was living in the Rukon like as a kid? Because I've heard lots of different stories about what's it like from a lot of different people, so getting to hear about it from someone who has been there should be pretty interesting, right?" Well, probably not many explosions, but hey, you got to start somewhere, right?

But when she heard about Narue also living the single life, Yukari gave her another deadpan thumb's up. "That's the ticket, LT! Rockin' the good ol' single life like yours truly. I knew there was a reason we got along so well." Yukari chuckled softly. At least Narue was making passing  the time... fun. Yeah, fun!
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Bored and Defused   Bored and Defused - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 9:35 pm

"Mm! Definitely a big difference in that, aha." Blowing things up to hurt people was bad, even if Narue had never had a big enjoyment of either...she could respect Yukari's enjoyment of the hobby!

What was living in the Rukon like though...well...

"Um... Well let's see... It was really, really hard; I grew up in one of the poorer districts." She explained, "At first it was really hard, but then Riichi-nii saved me, and took me in to live with him!"

Riichi-nii had been the best, she couldn't have asked for a better brother; for that short time, those few years...she had been really happy!

"Home was attached to Riichi-nii's bar, so I grew up in one... I was too young to help him with his work though, so he taught me how to make plush toys, and even made me Hato-kun so I wouldn't be lonely while he worked!" She stated, smiling as she glanced back to the giant dove plush resting on her back, with its wings tied around her neck to keep him there.

A small laugh was given as Yukari gave her a thumbs up; the single life... She guessed so! Those types of relationships were so foreign to her... She just had never felt anything like that for someone, but...there was that as well as her own feelings, she hardly understood them to begin with.
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Bored and Defused   Bored and Defused - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 3:59 pm

Yukari listened carefully to Narue explain her life in the Rukon, her head propped up by the arm that wasn’t holding onto the sake bottle. Ahhh, she got the poorer Rukon then, huh… Harsh. Seems like she got someone to take care of her though, so that’s good!

“So this Riichi-nii is your brother, huh? Sounds like a pretty standup guy to me.” Yukari nodded. “Not to mention you got to grow up next to a bar, so that’s not half bad either. I mean, you probably took a few years before you were able to actually drink at it and whatever, but still sounds pretty cool.” I can’t think of any bar owners that are big on plushie-making either, so looks like LT really lucked out, huh?

Yukari grinned slightly at the dove plush, just now noticing the large bird on Narue’s back. Somehow. She was probably just so bored earlier that it was just now registering for her now that she was having a slightly decent time.

“Yeah, that’s one pretty big bird you got there, LT. You ever make one that big? I bet it takes quite a lot of… stuff to make one as big as that.” What exactly went into making plushies? Yukari sure didn’t know. Probably just fur or something? No wait, they were probably stuff with something too… Huh, were plushies just like bombs if you got down to it? A pretty thing stuffed with… something. Plushies probably weren’t known for exploding though.

Pity.
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Bored and Defused   Bored and Defused - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 11:06 am

Riichi had definitely been a good brother! He had always made sure she was alright while he'd be busy with his work, made sure she wouldn't get bored or lonely.

She had been really lucky...

"He was! Riichi-nii was the best!" Narue responded, smiling brightly at Yukari's nice words. "Hehe, I never tried any drinks from there, I was never old enough... I wasn't there for very long, long enough for me to become just a few years younger than the typical age of academy students... So sometime afterwards I joined the academy and here I am today!"

She was focusing on the bright things, like how she was living a good life, how she'd been able to attend the academy.

She spoke as if she were quickly talking about anything that might lead to a sad discussion, and moving over it vaguely as if she didn't want to discuss it.

There was no need to get sad!

"I helped make Hato-kun...some!" She laughed, "Though I'm not good at making them this big...I'm better at smaller ones, but I'm practicing! It definitely takes a lot of time and work..."
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Bored and Defused   Bored and Defused - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 5:27 pm

“Ahh, I gotcha. Oh well, I guess living in a bar was too good to be true, huh? At least you’re old enough to drink now, that’s all that matters.” Yukari held her own cup up towards Narue in a sort of lazy toast before downing the rest of it. Judging by the slight tingling she was starting to get in her head, it seemed like that was probably a good stopping point too.

Hard to enjoy the explosions fully when you’re drunk off your ass, right? Also the other movie-going patrons would probably appreciate it if Yukari wasn’t loudly yelling at the screen as well.

“Hey, no problem with starting out small either, LT. Even I didn’t immediately start making the big darlings that I’m used to experimenting with now, we all gotta start somewhere, right?” She smiled slightly. “You know, start at those cute little cherry bombs, move onto pipe bombs and dynamite, and before you know it you’re getting to measure your explosions in megatons…”

Yukari sighed blissfully and placed a hand on her cheek, her eyes misty for the briefest moment as she seemed to look off at something in the distance. “Er… what I mean is, I’m sure eventually that you’ll be able to make another big Hato-kun sized thing in no-time!” She gave Narue a reassuring nod, a slight blush on her cheeks as the remnants of her dreamy smile faded back to her more neutral expression.
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Bored and Defused   Bored and Defused - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 2:26 am

She was definitely old enough to drink now! She didn't often really, it was just something she'd never taken a habit to doing...but a drink every now and then was nice!

Especially if they were like this one!

"Mhm! Gotta start somewhere!" Start out small, and then work up towards bigger things, hehe.

A nod was given at Yukari's following words as well just after Narue had taken another sip from her own drink, "I'm sure I can with enough practice, it'll just take more time! One day I'll be able to, definitely!"

She was only good at smaller plushies for now, but in time she would get better and better... She just had to keep on trying!
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Bored and Defused   Bored and Defused - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 12:05 pm

"You keep making those plushies, I'll keep making wonderful, beautiful bombs, and I'm sure the two of us well do just fine." Yukari chuckled softly. Having someone else with a hobby they liked to talk to was just fine indeed, definitely helped pass the time as well...

Wait, time... Yukari's eyes moved over to the clock hanging over the bar, just now remembering why it was that they even came to this bar for in the first place. Luckily, she had a few minutes to spare before she'd end up late for the second showing of Explosions: The Movie. Phew... She reached into her pocket and fished around for a few seconds before pulling a bill clip out and counting several yen notes out on the table. "Well listen, this has been entertaining, LT. Maybe we should try to meet up back in the Seireitei sometime, eh?"

Yukari smiled softly at Narue and placed enough money down to cover both of their drinks and stood up from her seat, stretching her arms and legs out. "As long as I can find a bar that hasn't banned me yet in the Rukon, though. But's that's for another time, eh?"

She chuckled and patted Narue on her shoulder as she got ready to leave the bar and head back out onto the street. "You have a good rest of your day, you hear?"
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Bored and Defused   Bored and Defused - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 6:55 pm

"Yeah!" She would continue, she loved her hobbies and had no plans of stopping! There was a bright and happy atmosphere about Narue, though it was one that rarely dimmed to begin with.

It seemed the other lieutenant had to get going though, and Narue gave a nod to the woman's suggestion. "Sure!"

That sounded fun, if the woman wanted they could meet up again and have another nice conversation.

"Okaay~! You have fun too! It was fun to be able to talk like this!" She would head on back to the Seireitei after this... She had gotten the supplies she'd come here for already so she was all set to head home!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bored and Defused   Bored and Defused - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bored and Defused
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2