(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)

We are an OC Bleach RP looking for people who enjoy easy-going role playing, but we do enjoy a bit of excitement here and there.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Tuxedo Ruk & Kitty's Otome Adventures
Festival Grounds [When They Cry] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2023 8:27 pm by Rukuya

» Science Rules
Festival Grounds [When They Cry] I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 5:34 pm by Potatoes O'Brien

» Box of Nerds
Festival Grounds [When They Cry] I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 11:12 am by Yes

» Lost and Found... Hopefully? [Open]
Festival Grounds [When They Cry] I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 9:24 pm by Rukuya

» Much Ado About Eating
Festival Grounds [When They Cry] I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 11:27 am by Potatoes O'Brien

» Saintly Territory
Festival Grounds [When They Cry] I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 10:22 pm by The ArchKitty

» tl;dr—The Philosophy of Knowledge and Sand Castles
Festival Grounds [When They Cry] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 11:13 am by Potatoes O'Brien

» Colors of the Heart
Festival Grounds [When They Cry] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 1:52 am by The ArchKitty

» Double Face [Shinya]
Festival Grounds [When They Cry] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 4:56 pm by Rukuya

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Festival Grounds [When They Cry]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Festival Grounds [When They Cry] Empty
PostSubject: Festival Grounds [When They Cry]   Festival Grounds [When They Cry] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 11:44 pm

The laborers, sellers and patrons for the upcoming Festival were scattered about amongst the grounds, which is quite large (at least an acre). Although it was still early, each troupe that paid for their own plot to work on had their own modest guard mercenaries between 2-12 of low to mid tier shinigami level depending on troupe size, their manner neutral and discreet. A lot more are stationed at the perimeter and at the main gates where there are simple ticket booths.

There's a section dedicated to buying foodstuffs, from corn dogs, cotton candy, fried donuts, sugar laden lemonade, or anything else that might ruin a stomach, but there are also food booths scattered between skill games and performing booths. One booth, for example, is a traditional puppet show booth with classic curtains and enough space for about 20 kids at a time to sit and watch. There are squirt gun, baseball throw, strength testers, and net fishing games along with others where you can win small to large toys. 

The attractions are classics, though there are a few outliers. You see the haunted house, merry go round, bumper cars, mirror fun house, roller coaster, the ferris wheel, and a traditional penned off folk dance floor. 

What diverges is the fact that there's the inclusion of Mod Soul Animal Showcases (weird, fascinating, cute artificial animal types with animal mod souls to conform with ethical practice), and a Circus Tent of circus performers that do traditional feats of skills (like juggling acts, trapeze, fire-breathing) as well as non-traditional (weaving visual stories with dance and soft reitsu emissions is an example).

Fireworks are planned to begin later tonight after the tradition of channeling troubles away in a ball of cotton and letting it go downstream. Still, some cannot hold their excitement. Under some bleachers meant for the tent a couple is already hard core making out under them. A group of kids are chasing one another in a game of tag while the parents talk amongst themselves.
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Festival Grounds [When They Cry]   Festival Grounds [When They Cry] I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 9:08 pm

Kaimu kept behind the woman and Nora as they arrived at the festival grounds, so as to keep out of sight from the on duty shinigami, no matter how weak they were it still wouldn't be good to be seen by them if they knew his face.

"Whoaaaa~ They were able to afford stuff like roller coasters, merry-go-rounds, and ferriswheels this year?" Kaimu awed, "I guess the shinigami had something to do with that, some of the higher ups must have put in some money this time, since the rukon residents wouldn't be able to afford it." 

Normally they just consisted of food stalls, fishing, shooting and dart game stalls and the like. It was nice to see that there were more attractions the villagers could enjoy.
Back to top Go down
http://rukuya.tumblr.com/
Sunny
Admin
Sunny

PostSubject: Re: Festival Grounds [When They Cry]   Festival Grounds [When They Cry] I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 5:36 am

Norma hobbled through the fair grounds with the woman and Kaimu. Kaimu was right, it was really nice this year. When Henry had brought Norma years ago, it was much different. It wasn't nearly this big, and it was just a few food carts, and one or two games. This time though, wow. There were rides and everything.

"Looks like Setsuna let off her pocket book this year, probably not. I bet it was what's his face. Mamoru's son. He has that girl, she probably talked him into a donation."

Norma looked to the woman this time. She still looked nervous as all hell. They had to find this boy, and get him home safely.

"Any idea where the boy might be?"
Back to top Go down
https://withinmemories.rpg-board.net

PostSubject: Re: Festival Grounds [When They Cry]   Festival Grounds [When They Cry] I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 2:24 pm

Rukuya wrote:
"Whoaaaa~ They were able to afford stuff like roller coasters, merry-go-rounds, and ferriswheels this year?" Kaimu awed, "I guess the shinigami had something to do with that, some of the higher ups must have put in some money this time, since the rukon residents wouldn't be able to afford it."
Yumi wrote:
"Looks like Setsuna let off her pocket book this year, probably not. I bet it was what's his face. Mamoru's son. He has that girl, she probably talked him into a donation."

The woman still wasn't comfortable with the other two shinigami, since their presence might trigger another meltdown, but he had to learn better coping mechanism eventually. Their discussion of financing confirmed the difference in her experience when she was younger and went to the festival. She thought it would be a lot smaller. And there were a lot more shinigami patrols...

Quote :

Anywhere. Despite the festival only officially starting, the crowds were already started to gather at an alarming rate towards the undoubtedly grandiose display of wealth. Entry tickets had been cheap; she assumed nothing else would be in this place, except maybe for the cotton festival dance ritual much later tonight, which had spiritual importance. (Donations accepted for the temple)

His allowance had been quite large to begin with; now I know why. They wanted me to lose him in the festival. How could I be so stupid? I just wanted to make him happy for once...

"He might be near the collection of food stands; he would still be hungry since he didn't eat a full lunch at the cafe. I wanted to avoid him filling up on carnie food, but I suppose it is only one day. We should start there."
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Festival Grounds [When They Cry]   Festival Grounds [When They Cry] I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 10:45 pm

Norma wrote:

"Ahh, I see." He only knew of Mamoru, and had heard he'd passed on a few years ago. His son, well, that was after his time in the Seireitei.

Norma wrote:

Woman wrote:
"He might be near the collection of food stands; he would still be hungry since he didn't eat a full lunch at the cafe. I wanted to avoid him filling up on carnie food, but I suppose it is only one day. We should start there."

"Does he have any favorite food that might be sold here? We can start there and work our way around." Kaimu replied, his eyes and ears alert for patrolling shinigami for his own sake as well as keeping an eye out for the man they were searching for.
Back to top Go down
Sunny
Admin
Sunny

PostSubject: Re: Festival Grounds [When They Cry]   Festival Grounds [When They Cry] I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 12:33 pm

"Sounds good to me."

Norma tiled her head up slightly and sniffed the air. A number of smells lingered in the air. Norma could smell sweet things, grill smells, and grease. Lots of grease. The food stalls weren't too far away, but it could just be that Norma could smell food a mile away.

"He might be scared of me. Do you think I should give him the illusion that I'm someone else, someone he trusts?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Festival Grounds [When They Cry]   Festival Grounds [When They Cry] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 9:37 pm

Kaimu wrote:
"Does he have any favorite food that might be sold here? We can start there and work our way around."
"Anything sugar. It's rationed at the institution to a mere tea cube every week. Anything fun shaped or bright colored would also get his attention. Cotton candy is near the top of his list."

Norma wrote:
"He might be scared of me. Do you think I should give him the illusion that I'm someone else, someone he trusts?"
"No, I don't believe deceit will be necessary. I just have to be there to remind him of his coping mechanisms practiced at the institute."

Two of the shinigami patrol were muttering to themselves, but loudly enough for people around to hear because they really didn't much care who heard.

"The festival's going well, eh?"
"Yeah," said the other. "We only had to detain on person so far. Damn well spooked the kids babbling like a gibbon. Gate guard couldn't even see that the guy was oozing blood from his palm."
"Probably couldn't stand the look of him to come closer."
"It's no wonder the guy wore a cloak. Found a knife on him too, Setsuna help us. His mind is bloody 'out to lunch' to try and pull a stint like that."
Back to top Go down
Sunny
Admin
Sunny

PostSubject: Re: Festival Grounds [When They Cry]   Festival Grounds [When They Cry] I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 7:07 pm

"Alright then."

Norma said nodding to the woman. Norma still had no idea if the woman had told her what her name was. Not that she cared. She probably would never see the woman after today, or so she hoped.

Two patrolling shinigami passed by talking about and incident, and one that would probably lead them directly to their target. Norma turned to face the two shinigami.

"You two shmucks, get over here."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Festival Grounds [When They Cry]   Festival Grounds [When They Cry] I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 2:23 am

The two shinigami ended their conversation quite abruptly in response to Norma's interjection. One of them turned and said, "Why don't you mind your own business --" then squinted as though he was staring at a bright light, then eyes widened in shock, "My apologies, former captain Norma Higgins." The patrol guard then slapped the other on the back so that the other would bow with him. The other patrol guard was paying more attention to Kaimu, whose face seemed awfully familiar, and didn't notice the slap on the back or the plea to pay his respects.

"How can I be of assistance?" said the first one. Meanwhile the second one, still focused on Kaimu, wagged his finger at him, unattached from the other conversation blossoming. "I know you, but I just can't remember where..." The second guard snapped his fingers several times, closing his eyes, trying to imagine at least a division number.

"Um..." The woman moved from the back of the group to the forefront. "My name is Kagabu Tae. These two shinigami are helping me find someone very important to me. The man you just described... he... HE IS MY RESPONSIBILITY." She had both her hands clenched as she hung her head in shame. It was a hard confession to make.

"You mean like a caregiver, in those clothes and shoes?" The first guard observed.
"What's wrong with my shoes?!" Tae yelled.
"They're red high heels, ma'am... umm, like the ones you would see worn by floozies."
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Festival Grounds [When They Cry]   Festival Grounds [When They Cry] I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 7:36 am

Shinigami wrote:
"The festival's going well, eh?"
"Yeah," said the other. "We only had to detain on person so far. Damn well spooked the kids babbling like a gibbon. Gate guard couldn't even see that the guy was oozing blood from his palm."
"Probably couldn't stand the look of him to come closer."
"It's no wonder the guy wore a cloak. Found a knife on him too, Setsuna help us. His mind is bloody 'out to lunch' to try and pull a stint like that."

Shinigami.

His best bet was to sneak off and look for the man on his own in this scenario, and he'd begun to take a small step off to the side, away from the shinigami while keeping his eyes off them so as not to draw attention to himself by staring, he was listening though, and it seemed they'd seen the man they were looking for.

Norma wrote:
"You two shmucks, get over here."

'!' Kaimu's eyes darted to Norma for a moment. 'Is she seriously calling them!?'

Shinigami wrote:
Why don't you mind your own business --" then squinted as though he was staring at a bright light, then eyes widened in shock, "My apologies, former captain Norma Higgins."

Now they were coming towards them, and one of them had their eyes on him. This was bad, they needed to find that man but Kaimu was a wanted man, he'd abandoned his post and fled. Abandoned his duty as a shinigami to the Seireitei. It was a high offense to say the least.

Feigning ignorance towards the one questioning shinigami that had his eyes on him, he gave the man an awkward smile, as if he were merely uncomfortable being stared at, and a small wave of greeting.

Shinigami wrote:
"How can I be of assistance?" said the first one. Meanwhile the second one, still focused on Kaimu, wagged his finger at him, unattached from the other conversation blossoming. "I know you, but I just can't remember where..." The second guard snapped his fingers several times, closing his eyes, trying to imagine at least a division number.

"Ah? Are you sure?" Kaimu answered, tilting his head slightly.

Woman wrote:
"Um..." The woman moved from the back of the group to the forefront. "My name is Kagabu Tae. These two shinigami are helping me find someone very important to me. The man you just described... he... HE IS MY RESPONSIBILITY." She had both her hands clenched as she hung her head in shame. It was a hard confession to make.

'!' It didn't show but the fact the woman had just stated they were both shinigami had put even more worry in his mind, he wasn't dressed in shinigami attire...but he still carried a sword. Most would just assume he was a wandering swordsman, there were plenty roaming around like that...but tagging him with shinigami could trigger some memories or the like for these guys...and that spelled trouble for him.

"So he's been detained..." Kaimu stated, trying to draw the conversation away from how Tae was dressed and also away from the man trying to identify him.
Back to top Go down
Sunny
Admin
Sunny

PostSubject: Re: Festival Grounds [When They Cry]   Festival Grounds [When They Cry] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 11:48 pm

When the young shinigami turned to face Norma, he greeted her with insolence. When he realized who she was the young man stopped himself in his tracks, apologizing to the elderly emeritus captain. Before Norma spoke, her entire demeanor changed. She didn't look like a feeble woman in her nineties any longer. Her voice and body bloated with an odd power. Norma seemed taller, intimidating, and her voice. Her voice washed over them with power, as if they had been engulfed by a powerful ocean wave. The power Norma drew from, was not so odd, but that of a captain. The power only a captain could manifest. It was a true lost art. So many of the young captains Norma had met no longer seemed to be able to draw from the ancient power that flowed in their veins. The power they were all to capable of basking in, only if they truly understood what their position meant.

"If I were not a woman of sound mind and reasonable logic to know that I have been retired long enough for a young shinigami like you to not recognize me right away, then I would have mete you a punishment befitting a criminal."

Before Norma could continue any further, they two started showing interest in Kaimu. Norma had released her zanpakuto into it's shikai back at the restaurant, but she'd forgotten to cloak Kaimu. It wasn't too late. It would be easy for a woman of her level of power to manipulate the minds of such peons as the two that stood before her.

"Why are the two of you gawking of her? She's but a young lass. Remove the slack from your jaws before I do it for you. Do not forget that even though I am no longer tied to Seireitei, that I still hold the title of captain. I am still your superior."

Norma had worked her magic to alter the sight of the two shinigami before her. They would think themselves crazy, but surely their eyes were not lying to them. How wrong they would be. Kaimu, no longer looked like Kaimu, to anyone other than Norma and Kagabu Tae. Instead the boy would appear to be a young woman, with cascading red hair, and soft milky features. He would appear to be a rare beauty with green eyes and large pink lips.

Norma was pleased with her work. The old dog could still hunt. She almost let a smirk slip, but she had to maintain her regal and imposing demeanor before the two unseated officers. Before Norma to ask them anymore, Kagabu stepped forward and addressed them, and pleaded. It disgusted Norma. If there was one thing Norma would never do, it would surely be begging someone. Even if it were for her own life, she would not beg, but accept her fate. Norma stepped forward, holding her hand out, signaling for the woman to halt her words.

"You take us to this man right this instant. It is my sworn duty, as is yours, to protect those who cannot protect themselves. Even if it is from, themselves."

Norma paused for a second, before continuing. Her hard gaze assaulted the two shinigami as she stared upon them.

"I worn you, if the young man has been treated in anyway that is less than dignified and respectful, and if he has any injuries, that can't be explained within reason, then I promise you there will be a funeral pyre in Seireitei for each of you tonight."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Festival Grounds [When They Cry]   Festival Grounds [When They Cry] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 1:08 am

Quote :
"If I were not a woman of sound mind and reasonable logic to know that I have been retired long enough for a young shinigami like you to not recognize me right away, then I would have mete you a punishment befitting a criminal."
The first guard was a bit confused by this remark; he was probably the only one that really paid attention in his history classes, even if this was technically recent history. Memorize these captains, they said. Students groaned but did so. Forget facts after exam is done in favor of battle training. He always did his homework, reading up on profiles on all the famous shinigami. Definitely at his core, a hero worshipper. He didn't wish to reply to this comment though about common shinigami... lack of intellect, since now Norma looked quite pissed.

Quote :
"Why are the two of you gawking of her? She's but a young lass. Remove the slack from your jaws before I do it for you. Do not forget that even though I am no longer tied to Seireitei, that I still hold the title of captain. I am still your superior."

Only the second guard had been really paying attention to Kaimu, trying to identify where he had seen him (?) before. Now, his mouth had been slacking, dumbfounded but more so now that he couldn't even be sure about the gender anymore. The awkward smile, head wave, head tilt and the counter-question was aptly masked to make it the kawaiiest response evrar.

"My apologies." He made a shot bow to Kaimu, who was now a woman in his eyes. He recognized instantly now, he didn't understand why he didn't realize before, 'her' beauty. It was very nice to look at.

Neither guards sensed that they were bewitched; weaklings just doing the daily grind of surveying activities at the festival.

Quote :
"You take us to this man right this instant. It is my sworn duty, as is yours, to protect those who cannot protect themselves. Even if it is from, themselves."

The first guard stood firmly and appeared relatively calm, but could guess based on the profile that he studied and remembered on Norma Higgins, that wasn't the last of it.

Quote :
"I worn you, if the young man has been treated in anyway that is less than dignified and respectful, and if he has any injuries, that can't be explained within reason, then I promise you there will be a funeral pyre in Seireitei for each of you tonight."

There we go he thought a death threat; Setsuna Level.
"Only one will be necessary. I was just on my break."

The first guard turned to the second guard and quite suddenly gave him a rub on the head.
"Duty calls. Hopefully when I get back I'll be able to share a happy story instead." He gave the second guard a quick peck on the lips, but then the second guard pulled him in for a real kiss, as though to make up looking at female Kaimu.

Tae was watching this whole time, and while she wasn't exactly disgusted, the behavior that she was witnessing could certainly be considered disorders from her professional but also very biased 'natural' opinions. Norma first and foremost in terms of a manipulative complex leading to blatant brainwashing and threats, Kaimu for want of social skills, and the two guards being a strict proponent of 'curing' same-sex attractions through extensive therapy for their "betterment"

However, she knew that she was also incredibly angry, and Norma's warning, making her aware of that possibility, really got her infuriated. Just trying to imagine that worst case scenario could have led her to stab the captors repeatedly with her 'whore' high heeled shoes.

The guard that was leading them gently pushed some of the gathering crowds aside towards a small closure which contained a building that had been, during the year, used for civilian detainment, a sort of 'drunk tank.' He hailed more shinigami and muttered proper protocol speech to get passed the levels of security before actually entering the drab, uninspired jail building. Most of the speech was worthless, since, well, Norma Higgins was there.

"I'm here for Nameless. I gave this facility custody over him until conditions of his release could be procured." The first guard's professionalism shone again through the rote memorizations of procedure. "Captain Norma Higgins has the authority to release people in custody and so I hereby respectfully declare custody is hers. Kagabu Tae here is Nameless' caregiver to assure no further incident."

Nameless was the code name that they gave to the clocked stranger with the bleeding hand and ugly visage. The person at the desk looked around and cringed a little, in distaste. The Receptionist gestured at the jail cells behind him; Nameless was not there.

"As you can see, we had to transfer Nameless to a more secure cell. He gave us a lot of trouble when he first arrived, as you should recall, Textbook."

'Textbook' the guard hadn't been called that nickname in a while, having it start when he was young and his nose always in books, especially history books. "My name during these proceedings shall remain Sakoda Mareo unless policy for my name change has been forwarded in triplicate. Otherwise you are in breach of professional conduct."

The Receptionist rolled his eyes and pressed a buzzer button. "A detail will unlock the hatch to the underground cells when they have prepared for the arrival. All weapons are to be confiscated here."
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Festival Grounds [When They Cry]   Festival Grounds [When They Cry] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 1:41 am

Quote :

'E...Eh?' Kaimu was confused for a short moment, but then remembered the ability of Norma's zanpakutou.

Quote :
"My apologies." He made a shot bow to Kaimu, who was now a woman in his eyes. He recognized instantly now, he didn't understand why he didn't realize before, 'her' beauty. It was very nice to look at.

"Aahh, it's fine, really." He replied to the guard, probably appearing as embarassed to them with the image Norma was causing them to visualize.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
The first guard turned to the second guard and quite suddenly gave him a rub on the head.
"Duty calls. Hopefully when I get back I'll be able to share a happy story instead." He gave the second guard a quick peck on the lips, but then the second guard pulled him in for a real kiss, as though to make up looking at female Kaimu.

Kaimu wasn't exactly bothered or shocked by the guards behavior, he'd been with a few many people during his years of being a rogue, both male and female.

Once the guard's had given their goodbyes to one another, it was time to retrieve the man they'd set out to find. He said nothing as they worked their way through the crowds, past the attractions and towards the detainment area.

Quote :
"I'm here for Nameless. I gave this facility custody over him until conditions of his release could be procured." The first guard's professionalism shone again through the rote memorizations of procedure. "Captain Norma Higgins has the authority to release people in custody and so I hereby respectfully declare custody is hers. Kagabu Tae here is Nameless' caregiver to assure no further incident."

Quote :
"As you can see, we had to transfer Nameless to a more secure cell. He gave us a lot of trouble when he first arrived, as you should recall, Textbook."

Quote :
"My name during these proceedings shall remain Sakoda Mareo unless policy for my name change has been forwarded in triplicate. Otherwise you are in breach of professional conduct."

Quote :
"A detail will unlock the hatch to the underground cells when they have prepared for the arrival. All weapons are to be confiscated here."

'If I leave you behind they'd notice...'

'Tch, maybe little miss lassy the woman turned you into isn't holdin' a weapon...in that case you can just move on by.'

'That's a maybe though...'

'Do all of ya' really need to go down there anyway? Goin' down into those cells, disguised or not, would be risky. It's full of cages just waitin' to be filled.'

'...'
Back to top Go down
Sunny
Admin
Sunny

PostSubject: Re: Festival Grounds [When They Cry]   Festival Grounds [When They Cry] I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 6:38 pm

Norma couldn't help but smile at the young man's awkward apology. It was obvious her illusion worked, and the man was captivated by the fake Kaimu's beauty. Norma truly was a master of deception, if she were an evil woman, oh the havoc she could bring.

Kane wrote:

Norma raised an eye brow at the young shinigami. This one showed a little promise, not afraid to speak up for one's self in the face of death.

honorable

Kane wrote:
"Duty calls. Hopefully when I get back I'll be able to share a happy story instead."

Then the two shinigami kissed, right in her face. Mind you, Norma didn't have a thing against love. Quite the opposite. Norma was happily married for a very long time, and she loved seeing young love. This however, was disrespectful. When being addressed by a superior, you do not kiss or display any other emotion. You displayed calm understanding, nothing more, and nothing less.

"Such a lack of respect. What are they teaching at the academy now? Workshops on how to be a twit?"

Norma's accent became thicker on the last end of her statement, making the disgust in her voice even more pronounced.

Norma took a glance of Kagabu as they began to walk towards where the man was being held. Kagabu looked as if she were ready to jump out of her skin. Norma would be sure to keep an eye on her just in case she had to...detain her.

Their small group pushed through the crowds and entered into a very small, and dingy jail. It looked like it's main purpose was probably to hold people long enough for them to sober up, and not to keep them for any sort of sentence. Norma looked over at Kaimu, and boy did he look like a mess. He was a cat on a hot tin roof. Norma mentally chuckled. There was no need for Kaimu to worry as long as she were present.

Kane wrote:
"I'm here for Nameless. I gave this facility custody over him until conditions of his release could be procured."Captain Norma Higgins has the authority to release people in custody and so I hereby respectfully declare custody is hers. Kagabu Tae here is Nameless' caregiver to assure no further incident."

This boy truly did show promise. If Norma were still an active captain, she'd mentor this young shinigami. She would make him into a great leader, as she had done before.

Kane wrote:

There was a patronizing tone to the receptionist's voice as she spoke to the young man. Norma glared at him, about to make him squirm in his chair, but once again this boy surprised her.

Kane wrote:
"My name during these proceedings shall remain Sakoda Mareo unless policy for my name change has been forwarded in triplicate. Otherwise you are in breach of professional conduct."

Norma was beginning to like this Sakoda Mareo more and more. He truly was an alright guy, with a little training, and a little polish, he could become something great.

Kane wrote:
"A detail will unlock the hatch to the underground cells when they have prepared for the arrival. All weapons are to be confiscated here."

As per usual with most "jails", they wanted you to leave behind your weapons. Norma couldn't very well do that. Not with Kaimu tagging along. They'd throw him in a cell only to be sent to the gallows. Norma handed the young man an old handkerchief that she carried around. To him though, and anyone watching, other than Kaimu, it looked like a katana. Norma, this time included Kagabu into the group of people she was going to fool with an illusion. She didn't trust this woman with the knowledge that she still carried her zanpakuto. It would appear to everyone save for Kaimu and Norma, that Norma had handed over her weapon, and Kaimu never had one to begin with.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Festival Grounds [When They Cry]   Festival Grounds [When They Cry] I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 12:05 am

Quote :
"Such a lack of respect. What are they teaching at the academy now? Workshops on how to be a twit?"

As far as Sakoda was concerned, the kiss was definitely worth it, though it was unprofessional; it was his boyfriend that returned the quick peck with a bit of tongue action. He also couldn't think of a by-the-book response to rhetorical questions like these; usually, silence was the only response they wanted, other than 'Sir, no sir!' or 'Sir, yes sir!'
--

The Receptionist took Norma's relinquished handkerchief as though it were a katana, hands upturned in a rack gesture. After Sakoda begrudgingly relinquished his katana which was on the other hand snatched rudely by the Receptionist, the Receptionist started to wave his hand up and down each person, as though it were a metal detector, to see if anything else was on their person. This simple method of reitsu/metal detection was lazily performed, however, with little energy, reitsu or emotionally. Even without the power of the illusion, the gesture was as worthless as folding ones arms and clucking like a chicken.

An uncomfortably long amount of time elapsed since the buzzer had been rung for the security detail to open the hatch and allow the visitors to go into the underground cells. Kagabu clearly got more agitated as every agonizing minute passed, not knowing what was happening down there.

"Unacceptable." growled Sakoda to the Receptionist, after the five minute mark had passed. "I will file a request to have your entire detail re-drilled until they can prepare an arrival into the underground cells in less than two minutes, the bare minimum standard stated in our Code."

The Receptionist said nothing and did nothing in response, just leaned back and sighed dismissively. Paperwork concerning the lower echelons of rank could take months to process  and usually got lost; the nature of bureaucracy. After another couple of minutes had passed, another buzzer sounded followed by a low whining beep as the main door that led to a staircase to the underground opened.

A woman shinigami with gothic makeup, ear and nose piercings opened the door. Her long stringy hair was ebony black and streaked down her face like an oil spill. Cuts were along her hands which led up into the folds of her shinigami garb; most likely they were voluntary. The shinigami garb itself wasn't being worn correctly; it held no pride and was merely a uniform - the same way a teen might treat a uniform if they worked in a fast food restaurant. Without saying, she failed every single conceivable dress code standard, as even her slanted top exposed an almost paradoxically bright neon green bra strap. Most likely she had been engaged in sexual activity before the doors opened, though it could not be proved by the stink or beads of sweat alone. Sakoda was closest to the door, so she didn't see Norma, Kagabu, or Kaimu. Kagabu looked really distressed now, imagining cases of sexual harassment, either directly or indirectly forcing him to watch.

"I shoudda known you'd complain you prep. Er jus a perv looking for anodda chance ta oogle mah so ye have sommin to fap to wen ur wit yer bayfren. You just can't unnerstan the darkness like eye dew. The chambers below echo the silence in my soul, if it wern fo dat creep friend of yers."

"Get out of my way, immediately!" the scorn and unparalleled rage in Sakoda's voice was reaching Norma/Setsuna level. She wanted the chance to skip out of work to do festival shit, so she stepped out of the way only to be cuffed by the Receptionist one cue by another of Sakoda's gestures and thrown into a cell.

"I specifically told High Command personally to get rid of her first chance they got." Sakoda said. "I assure the former captain and her friends that a thorough investigation will be completed as soon as we extract Nameless from this hellhole." She must have sucked a lot of dick to keep her otherwise fucking easy post of tending to pitch darkness 99% of the year Regrettably, this problem probably wasn't the last of the horror to be found; it was that kind of feeling.

"Who else is currently on cell duty?" Sakoda said to the Receptionist.
The Receptionist was sobering up from his jackass mood, now sombre like a tombstone. "Two other male shinigami recruits, don't know their names. A switch occurred as soon as you left the facility as the senior shinigami staff didn't want to deal with Nameless themselves."
"FFFFFFFF- FUCK!" Sakoda blurted. "I left a high profile high needs case specifically in the care of senior shinigami staff requesting that they stay for the entire duration of his retainment, only to have my orders blindsided because of petty fucking reasons so that criminally inept fuckers can make a fullblown fuck out of this--" Sakoda took a deep breath. "I could have transferred and oversaw the entire process myself, but I didn't. It's my fault."

Resigned, Sakoda walked down the staircase towards the underground cells, not waiting for the rest of the detail or for anyone to follow him. It felt like he was walking into the maw of hell. Kagabu could kill with her eyes now as she took off her high heels and wielded them like weapons. The Receptionist sat back and made no effort to stop anything from happening now. He just sullenly looked at the jailed goth who now bit her arm to draw blood.
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Festival Grounds [When They Cry]   Festival Grounds [When They Cry] I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 12:58 am

Kaimu watched as Norma relinquished a handkerchief instead of her zanpakutou and through the inspection, they all seemed good to go through. To them, he probably didn't have a weapon on him to begin with, though even with Norma's illusion covering them, Kaimu wasn't any more relaxed.

No matter how safe Norma assured him he was, he was still right in the middle of enemy territory. He wasn't happy to think of them as enemies, but in his situation, it was a correct term to associate them with.

Quote :
"Unacceptable." growled Sakoda to the Receptionist, after the five minute mark had passed. "I will file a request to have your entire detail re-drilled until they can prepare an arrival into the underground cells in less than two minutes, the bare minimum standard stated in our Code."

The Receptionist said nothing and did nothing in response, just leaned back and sighed dismissively. Paperwork concerning the lower echelons of rank could take months to process and usually got lost; the nature of bureaucracy. After another couple of minutes had passed, another buzzer sounded followed by a low whining beep as the main door that led to a staircase to the underground opened.

Kaimu remained silent as they continued on, the shinigami guiding them visibly angry at the woman who'd opened the door for them.

Quote :
"I shoudda known you'd complain you prep. Er jus a perv looking for anodda chance ta oogle mah so ye have sommin to fap to wen ur wit yer bayfren. You just can't unnerstan the darkness like eye dew. The chambers below echo the silence in my soul, if it wern fo dat creep friend of yers."

"Get out of my way, immediately!" the scorn and unparalleled rage in Sakoda's voice was reaching Norma/Setsuna level. She wanted the chance to skip out of work to do festival shit, so she stepped out of the way only to be cuffed by the Receptionist one cue by another of Sakoda's gestures and thrown into a cell.

"I specifically told High Command personally to get rid of her first chance they got." Sakoda said. "I assure the former captain and her friends that a thorough investigation will be completed as soon as we extract Nameless from this hellhole."

They didn't exactly keep the most responsible of guards here, lucky for them.

Once the shinigami exchanged a few more words with the receptionist and a few curses as the receptionist was properly jailed, he began to walk off towards the next staircase.

He gave the woman in the cell a short glance just in time to see her bite into her own arm before he proceeded to follow behind Norma and the guard. Souls like her were able to join the ranks of shinigami nowadays? Her appearance and the like wasn't what concerned him though, she seemed...out of it almost, if she were biting herself to draw blood that is, and she was obviously unprofessional at her work...

'Times sure have changed...'
Back to top Go down
Sunny
Admin
Sunny

PostSubject: Re: Festival Grounds [When They Cry]   Festival Grounds [When They Cry] I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 1:25 am

Kane wrote:

"No need for that Sakoda."

Norma chuckled darkly. She knew just was to say to strike a bit of fear into the heart of this rude receptionist.

"I happen to be a very close personal friend of Captain Fujihana. I will inform her personally of the lack of proper protocol here. I'm most certain that she will certainly find a fix with the aide of my advice."

Norma felt as if she had just scored the winning touch down at the super bowl. She knew what she had just said would get the job done, and unravel the receptionist.

Norma watched as a door finally opened and some sod of a girl appeared from behind it. The poorly dressed woman spoke with such venom to Sakoda. She was very pleased with the level of power the young man was able to evoke within his voice. He'd make a right fine seated officer some day. Norma smiled wryly as the grungy looking female was cuffed and thrown into a cell. She was really beginning to like this young man. He was a right fine fellow.

As they walked down the staircase into the bowels of the jails, Norma placed a hand on Sakoda's shoulder.

"You did a fine job back there son. You keep it up, and you'll go far. Don't be afraid to make mistakes, and follow your gut."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Festival Grounds [When They Cry]   Festival Grounds [When They Cry] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 1:18 am

Sakoda remained uneasy, despite a great captain's assurances. The woman that his boyfriend tried to identify before hadn't spoken a word, and he didn't know why she was here. The Receptionist didn't care either, but then again, Norma's trust could extend to his trust. It's just that he didn't feel that he deserved Norma's praise.

Quote :
"I happen to be a very close personal friend of Captain Fujihana. I will inform her personally of the lack of proper protocol here. I'm most certain that she will certainly find a fix with the aide of my advice."
Sakoda believed there was no fix. He had lived his life literally by the book, the law like a shining transcendent command, made real, personified by the likes of Setsuna and Norma. However, the people that Sakoda had to deal with was not the sort of evil that could be vanquished. It was that apathetic, callous, careless, mischievous sort of evil that had no solution, like mosquito bites. They had no protocol, no goals. They are random, unpredictable. To silence one is like emptying a sinking boat with a thimble.

Quote :
"You did a fine job back there son. You keep it up, and you'll go far. Don't be afraid to make mistakes, and follow your gut."
It wasn't like Sakoda to so strongly disagree with captain level shinigami, but he knew the urgency of the situation had given rise to emotions that clouded his mind.
It was my gut that led me to so unfairly judge and condemn a man. This one mistake led that same man to a cruel fate.

Sakoda walked down the dark underground corridor. He turned to the right, to another regular cell, gesturing towards it, trying to mask his dismay in professionalism, but his mask was breaking.

"This was the arranged cell for Nameless. An unauthorized transfer has occurred."

Nameless' robe sat in that empty cell like a dead carcass, blotched red with blood mostly near the sleeves. As Sakoda walked further into the abyss, his alarm rising, he could see the two replacement guards, passed out drunk by the solitary confinement cell, where absolutely no light could enter. Broken bottles littered the ground, and they also smelt like sex like the slutty goth. Most likely they didn't expect to be called upon so soon concerning this case. There was the steady sound of weeping from inside that darkness.

Sakoda raced to the light controls and activated emergency power on the nearby control, illuminating the underground with bright light, including the solitary confinement cell. He pressed another series of buttons to open the solitary confinement cell, fast because it had been practiced.

Kagabu's rage had fizzled in response to the crying, and though she held her shoes in her hands, she ran without sign of discomfort on the cold, worn cement floors. Nameless had taken a spot in the corner of the completely enclosed cell, completely naked, bleeding from his hands and arms from multiple stab wounds. The 'heal job' was poor, but at least the bleeding wasn't critical. His ribcage was visible along with a swelling bulbous gut. His long bridged nose, large nostrils and ears which lent itself to an elephant appearance appeared amplified without his cloak. Dark splotches that were before just seen on his face were on various places of his body, like mold.

He was also shivering, dripping wet with ice cold water, along with the wall his back was towards. Bruises had formed as possible evidence of a violent wash. Sakoda confirmed this abuse of the water hose with a quick check of the PSI. Kagabu moved in closer, and Nameless held up his hands in distress, covering the piercing light and from the faces that looked at him.

Sakoda punched a nearby wall, while Kagabu collapsed to her knees in grief. She shook her head to dismiss her grief and crawled in closer, clapping her red high heel shoes together. The new sound echoed in the cell quite crisply. Nameless shook, but his hands lowered. His mouth went agape slightly blinking more and more to adjust to the light.

"These are your favorite shoes because they are your favorite color." Kagabu said gently. "Do you remember? What color are they?"
"Rrrr...rrr.." Nameless lifted his hands again, as if expecting to be struck, but lowered them when no such strike came. "Red."
"That's right~" Kagabu assured. "Do you want to try?" She clapped the shoes again.

Nameless came to her like a frightened animal, and took the shoes from her hands. He only clapped them twice before immediately tossing them aside, leaped and wrapped his bloody arms around her, clinging to her like a lifeline. The blood stained her white blouse with red hand prints, and Kagabu hugged as tightly as he did.
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Festival Grounds [When They Cry]   Festival Grounds [When They Cry] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 7:21 am

Kaimu took in the man's state once they'd finally located him, it wasn't a pretty sight. He was bleeding, shivering, and covered in bruises.

'Shinigami...'

'Eehhh, guess these scrubs are having a dry spell. Keke.'
Kuroshi snickered. "They're guards so they rarely see the action like the ones goin' out on the front lines do so the moment they get a prisoner they're all too ready to take out their frustration. Tch, lame.'

It was types like those that could honestly prove to be worst than the fighting soldiers. Prisoners had no way of fighting back against guards, so the guards rarely had anything to fear. They could beat away to their hearts content and most of the time not get caught.

'Disgusting.' Kaimu averted his eyes from the Kagabu and the man to an empty spot on the floor.
Back to top Go down
Sunny
Admin
Sunny

PostSubject: Re: Festival Grounds [When They Cry]   Festival Grounds [When They Cry] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 1:09 pm

They walked through the jail, moving through the dimly lit corridor. It was dirty and musty down in the bowels of the correction facility. It smelled of blood, dirt, and human waste. Norma didn't miss this part of shinigami duties at all, in fact, it made her enjoy her retirement a little more.

Kane wrote:
"This was the arranged cell for Nameless. An unauthorized transfer has occurred."

They young man's voice sounded tired, like he was defeated. Norma knew that feeling all too well. He'd have to push through that feeling, or this job would devour him, and spit nothing out but his shattered soul. She had faith that he could do it. He'd already shown the strength and the ability to apply it to his duties.

Norma looked into the cell that Sakoda said had been arranged for the man that she was helping find, and all that remanded was a tattered and bloodied cloak. This didn't look good, at all. That was more blood than what Norma had caused the man to spill. Norma took a quick glance at the woman, this wouldn't be good. Norma would need to keep and eye on her.

They walked a little further, when they came upon two guards who were passed out from a drunked stupor. Such a disgusting display of carelessness. Sakoda ran and turned the lights on and opened a door to a cell, and when he did Norma was horrified by what she saw. In the corner of the cell sat the man. He was a shivering bloody mess. Norma watched as Kagabu ran to him to sooth him, and hopefully stop his tears. Norma was disgusted with this obnoxious display of cruelty.

Norma wasn't sure where to start. Sakoda was punching walls, there were the two drunk guards, and then there was the bloody man. Norma should try with the man first. She wasn't a healer by any means, but she did know the spells, although she hadn't used them in a long time. Norma walked into the door of the cell, and softened her eyes and voice as she looked at and spoke to Kagabu.

"Would you like me to heal him? He has some nasty cuts, it'd be best to close them before the infection set in."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Festival Grounds [When They Cry]   Festival Grounds [When They Cry] I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 2:47 am

Sakoda turned from the wall he was punching, stood up straight in salutation, and nodded in agreement. Nameless' embrace, tight like a serpent's coil, had begun to slowly unwind as blood continued to seep from his hands. Kagabu gently helped the process along until his arms were at his sides, and her hands were clasped firmly on his shoulders.

"Listen to me carefully," said Kagabu, "There is nothing to be afraid of. These people have come to heal you."

Nameless' face became like a puffer-fish, cheeks bloated with air. Kagabu imitated him, but then calmly exhaled, which Nameless did as well. He still seemed uneasy, assured only by Kagabu, when he looked in Norma's direction. Nameless turned to Norma, arms wide and high for her to see all the new stab wounds and cuts on his hands, if not for the blood covering them. It was as if he were pleading at the mountaintop to a higher power.
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Festival Grounds [When They Cry]   Festival Grounds [When They Cry] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 2:14 am

It was good Norma was here, she could heal the man without question and those nasty wounds would be gone. He watched the scene before him silently, though his expression showed relief when the man showed no hesitance toward's Norma's suggestion to heal him, he'd been concerned the man would resist due to remembering at least Norma's face from earlier today.

Back to top Go down
Sunny
Admin
Sunny

PostSubject: Re: Festival Grounds [When They Cry]   Festival Grounds [When They Cry] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 2:00 am

Norma stepped closer to the man that sat on the floor before her. Norma closed her eyes and let her reatsu flow around her. Norma clapped her hands together, her elbows pointing out. Norma began to move her fingers at a relatively fast pace, and a square just larger enough for the man to fit in formed around him. Norma pulled her hands apart and a ball of orange light formed between them. Norma began to squash the ball of energy between her hands, when suddenly it burst into several thin rays of light. The light touched the square all around the man, and suddenly it turned into a rectangular prism all around him. Norma took a deep breath and signed, and then grinned slightly.

"This is a kidou I developed with the help of a former squad four captain. It'll heal his injuries in a matter of a few minutes. Since he had no major injuries, this'll work quickly."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Festival Grounds [When They Cry]   Festival Grounds [When They Cry] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 12:30 am

Nameless tried to catch the rays of light as they burst from Norma's hands, as though they were fireflies. Even after the light had taken shape into the prism, Nameless continued to 'snatch' at the light, even though there was nothing to grab. However, even this exercise weakened his arm and he sat back allowing the technique to heal him. He seemed less concerned about his nakedness now as he became more visibly relaxed.

"Head starting to hurt less." Nameless murmured. "Don't like that weird drink. Spat it in their face. Laugh. They didn' like that very much." Nameless looked at Norma. "Sorry I laugh at food place. Ponyboy not here. Tell Ponyboy sorry too."

"To think that some of the guards thought he was the..." Sakoda paused. "It's an urban legend. I'm going to arrange a free change of clothing from the festival for Nameless and Kagabu and VIP passes for everyone here. It isn't much, but consider it an extra gift before I throw the book at those responsible for this atrocity. That includes myself."

After Sakoda whispered into a Hell Butterfly and it fluttered away, he threw the passed out drunk guards into different cells in the underground, like sacks of potatoes, bar throw style. "Put this drunk tank to good use."

A Hell Butterfly appeared once again in the underground chamber.
"Didn't think they would be that fast in responding considering today's ineptitude." said Sakoda.
However, it landed on Kagabu Tae's shoulders. She gasped and covered her mouth, tears once again swelled and ready to stream from her face.
"They found out." she said simply. "I'm fired."
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Festival Grounds [When They Cry]   Festival Grounds [When They Cry] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 12:50 am

Quote :
"Head starting to hurt less." Nameless murmured. "Don't like that weird drink. Spat it in their face. Laugh. They didn' like that very much." Nameless looked at Norma. "Sorry I laugh at food place. Ponyboy not here. Tell Ponyboy sorry too."
'PFhahaha!'

'...'

'You hear him? Eh, Pony-'

'I heard him, thank you.'

'Kekekeke.'

Quote :
"To think that some of the guards thought he was the..." Sakoda paused. "It's an urban legend. I'm going to arrange a free change of clothing from the festival for Nameless and Kagabu and VIP passes for everyone here. It isn't much, but consider it an extra gift before I throw the book at those responsible for this atrocity. That includes myself."
He was a good man, a responsible shinigami unlike the rest they'd seen here today. Just like Norma said, if he kept at it he'd rise in the ranks in no time. Though, promotion after promotion wasn't always a good thing, it could lead to swollen heads and Kaimu just hoped that wouldn't happen to this man.

Just as he was thinking, a Hell Butterfly flew in, but instead of relaying a message to Sakoda it went straight to Kagabu.

'So her organization uses them too?'

He was still highly suspicious of just who she was working for and what they did, but he'd been letting it go for now.

Quote :
"They found out." she said simply. "I'm fired."
'...'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Festival Grounds [When They Cry]   Festival Grounds [When They Cry] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Festival Grounds [When They Cry]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next