(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)

We are an OC Bleach RP looking for people who enjoy easy-going role playing, but we do enjoy a bit of excitement here and there.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Tuxedo Ruk & Kitty's Otome Adventures
Hollows, Hollows, Hollows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2023 8:27 pm by Rukuya

» Science Rules
Hollows, Hollows, Hollows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 5:34 pm by Potatoes O'Brien

» Box of Nerds
Hollows, Hollows, Hollows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 11:12 am by Yes

» Lost and Found... Hopefully? [Open]
Hollows, Hollows, Hollows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 9:24 pm by Rukuya

» Much Ado About Eating
Hollows, Hollows, Hollows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 11:27 am by Potatoes O'Brien

» Saintly Territory
Hollows, Hollows, Hollows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 10:22 pm by The ArchKitty

» tl;dr—The Philosophy of Knowledge and Sand Castles
Hollows, Hollows, Hollows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 11:13 am by Potatoes O'Brien

» Colors of the Heart
Hollows, Hollows, Hollows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 1:52 am by The ArchKitty

» Double Face [Shinya]
Hollows, Hollows, Hollows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 4:56 pm by Rukuya

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Hollows, Hollows, Hollows

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Shnaks

Shnaks

Hollows, Hollows, Hollows - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hollows, Hollows, Hollows   Hollows, Hollows, Hollows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 3:01 am

"Hmmm.... Maybe.." She said in a tone that sounded a little doubtful. While she might have less to fear from them then she thought, she still didn't suspect they would socialize with her with open arms. Still, it was something to keep in mind.

She turned her head with a snap, her hair swishing about for a second. "Aw. I love cats." She said, her expression brightening for a moment.

"Hm..Sounds interesting." She hesitated to ask. "So.. you don't spend a lot of time with friends?" She didn't mean anything by the question and immediately regretted asking it. She was curious about her ward for the night but it was not her place to interrogate her about her social life. "I.. I'm sorry." She quickly did a deep bow, bending somehow at a 90 degree angle . "That was rude of me to ask."
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Hollows, Hollows, Hollows   Hollows, Hollows, Hollows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 3:11 am

"Mhmm, the cats are a lot of fun to play with at work; it's fun."

When Fay asked about friends though, before Riye had the chance to respond the woman immediately apologized. Riye had outstretched her hand slightly, having begun to motion that it was alright but the woman was already bowing.

"It's fine, you don't need to apologize." She replied, her hand moving back to her pocket. "I don't...really have that many friends. My co-workers are nice though and I can talk with them but that's mostly only during work. I...ah...it's not easy, figuring out who's spiritually aware. It's easier to be around them and be more open with them, I don't have to worry about messing up or worrying hollows might show up."

Riye gave another small laugh, giving a slight shrug as she continued speaking.

"I moved around a lot before recently as well, so it wasn't easy to keep friends. I've been able to speak with some ghosts before, they were nice though they eventually move on."

Even if the friendships she made with spiritually aware people or more commonly, ghosts...she was still happy. Those short interactions were important after all.
Back to top Go down
http://rukuya.tumblr.com/
Shnaks

Shnaks

PostSubject: Re: Hollows, Hollows, Hollows   Hollows, Hollows, Hollows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 3:28 am

She stood up straight with a snap, still frowning but not wanting to make a spectacle of herself. At least not more than she already had. "I see. I am sorry." She shifted her foot uncomfortably, while listening. "That does sound difficult. I... don't have many friends either, although it's for a different reason." She began walking again.

"I move around a lot too, but I... didn't have the same issues with people thinking I was lying. I spent the early years of my life being chased by people for my powers and then eventually came east and trained here for.. well... a long time." Nearly two centuries, if she was counting her experience as further training. She certainly had improved at what she did since she started. "Since then, well. I don't move around as much as I used to, but my hobbies don't typically lead me to meet the most social of people." She twisted her mouth into an ironic little smirk.

"But that is my own doing. I'm sorry that you have trouble meeting people." She said with another little dip forward of a bow.

She thought for a moment on something Riye had said. She frequently made friends with ghosts who later moved on. She had heard shinigami ferried souls off to the other side, but she also knew what happened when they didn't. Ghosts left to their own devices eventually became hollows. If she made friends with ghosts who turned... they would have some idea of where to find a meal. She frowned, with a glance at Riye. She couldn't tell her. But she couldn't let her keep doing something that would eventually get her killed... She'd have to think on this further.
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Hollows, Hollows, Hollows   Hollows, Hollows, Hollows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 3:40 am

Pulling her hand up, while it was still in her coat's pocket, she covered her mouth to give another small laugh. She wasn't exactly the most sociable either, but she was enough to function so everything was fine.

"It's fine, no apologies needed. Really." She pulled her hand back down again, the fabric of the coat returning to it's proper spot. "It must have been...tough, being chased around for your powers...I'd probably get scared if I were in that position..."

One other thing Fay had mentioned stuck out though, her eyes sparkling with interest. "You've lived in other countries before!?"

She'd never left Japan, so that interested her. Traveling sounded fun...well, when you weren't being chased around. It was fun seeing and learning about other places, or well, to her anyway.
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

PostSubject: Re: Hollows, Hollows, Hollows   Hollows, Hollows, Hollows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 3:54 am

She sunk a little, pulling her arms into the coat and crossing them underneath it, now wearing it like a poncho. It wasn't that funny, she thought to herself, sulking. Oh well. Riye clearly sympathized with her. "It..." She remembered what it was like, briefly. Being a child, trying to make friends, trying to fit in despite your goofy name and weird hair. She remembered one time they'd even shaved it off. Oh how she'd bawled THAT day. And then manifesting spiritual powers, being unable to control them, being labelled a demon, being chased out of town, being hunted sometimes.

"It wasn't a LOT of fun, no." She said with a tellingly sarcastic smile. She couldn't mope about it too long, her smile becoming more genuine at the sparkle in Riye's pink eyes. "Yes. I was born. Well, I don't know where I was born, but I was left at an orphanage as an infant in the French countryside. I had to leave there when I was little. Too little to be on my own." She sighed. "I wandered all over europe. Eventually I headed east and I lived here for a long time. I've had other places I called home since then, but I always find myself settling in back here. I went to Egypt briefly but otherwise I haven't been to Africa. I spent a stint of time in South America after planes became a thing, before getting tired of THAT mess and heading up north. There wasn't a LOT to do there, but it was nice to take in the culture. Funnily enough, I've never been to England."

She glanced over. "I'm talking too much, aren't I?" she asked flatly.
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Hollows, Hollows, Hollows   Hollows, Hollows, Hollows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 4:04 am

Riye shook her head, "Not at all, I'm really interested. I've never left Japan so hearing about other places interests me! Going to places like Europe or Egypt, it's really interesting. I'm happy here but it's nice to learn about those places and see all the sights they have to offer..."

One day maybe she could travel some, like a vacation somewhere...She'd need to save up money for that though and she could only make so much working where she did. It'd be fun, in the future though...it was something that needed a lot of planning and now wasn't the time for it.
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

PostSubject: Re: Hollows, Hollows, Hollows   Hollows, Hollows, Hollows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 4:21 am

She nodded. "I am happy that I've traveled all of those places, even if some of the trips themselves weren't pleasant." She gave something almost like a giggle, uncrossing her arms, but leaving them inside the cloak, continuing to wear it poncho style. "You'll definitely be able to go some day. I-" She cut herself off. She didn't want to bring up gargantas. But if she only knew how to work them better, she'd be able to take people wherever they wanted in an instant.

"I hope you can take vacations to all of those places." She smiled and gave a little nod. "So, are we close to this restaurant? I don't mean to complain but, well.." She tilted her head forward. "I'm hungry..."
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Hollows, Hollows, Hollows   Hollows, Hollows, Hollows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 4:55 am

"I hope so."

At the mention of whether or not they were close to the restaurant Riye gave a nod, motioning ahead.

"It's just up ahead." She answered, "soon we can eat!"

She figured she'd have something with meat in it...She had leftover omelette rice yesterday that she'd made. She liked that a lot but it was good to have variety. The question was, what would she have though?

The building was just up ahead, the lights both outside and in giving the area a welcoming air. It was around dinner so there were a good few number of people, but it wasn't as crowded as it usually was...since there were only two of them they might not even have to wait!
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

PostSubject: Re: Hollows, Hollows, Hollows   Hollows, Hollows, Hollows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 5:02 am

Her eyes sparkled. Ahh! Soon her belly would be filled with food. Oh. But she had said she wouldn't run up Site's bill even if she did intend to pay her back. She glanced sidelong at Riye but kept quiet about that. "It looks nice!"

As they approached the entrance, Fay approached the entrance among the few bustling people waiting out front. Approaching the people at the front door she gave them a deep bow as they asked, "how many?"

"Just two." She answered.

"Right this way." They were soon led inside to a booth in the corner. Fay stood at the end of the table. "After you." She gestured for Riye to sit down first. Once she did, Fay would take her seat opposite.

"This place has lovely decor."
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Hollows, Hollows, Hollows   Hollows, Hollows, Hollows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 5:34 am

They were in luck! Just as she had thought their wait wasn't long since they weren't a big party. Riye took her seat after they were led to their table, Fay taking the seat opposite of her.

She gave a nod at Fay's words, "It is, other than the good food this place looks nice too; adds to it's popularity."

Riye smiled and glanced down at the menu; maybe she'd just get water to drink? Boring choice but...no, she could do better than water! Tea? Raspberry tea, maybe?
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

PostSubject: Re: Hollows, Hollows, Hollows   Hollows, Hollows, Hollows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 11:59 am

Fay took a moment to glance at the drinks portion of the menu before looking up at their approaching server with a friendly grin. When asked what they would like to drink, she quickly responded, "Yes, could I get a green tea?" She asked politely.

She began looking over the menu once the server had taken Riye's order and gone. She took a moment to put the menu down and undo a few of the buttons on her coat, before swiftly pulling it over her head and folding it neatly in the seat next to her. She smoothed out her outfit underneath before glancing up at Riye.

"So. I have never been here before. Is there anything you would recommend?"
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Hollows, Hollows, Hollows   Hollows, Hollows, Hollows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 3:06 pm

Riye ordered her drink after Fay had, choosing to go with raspberry tea like she'd thought of. Her eyes moved from the menu to the other woman as she asked for recommendations.

"Mmm, I was thinking about the teriyaki." Riye answered, "It's good here, the soba or curry rice is also really good."

She'd had the curry rice here before on a few occasions, it was definitely a top favorite here; a favorite of hers anyway.
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

PostSubject: Re: Hollows, Hollows, Hollows   Hollows, Hollows, Hollows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 4:21 pm

"Hmmm...." She pursed her lips, deep in thought as she pored over the menu. "It all looks good... " Her stomach started to grumble at her. "You said the Curry Rice is good?" She flipped around the menu until she located it before her eyes widened.

"N-No way. It's so expensive." She put down the menu and slid it over to Riye, an adamant pout on her face. "I could never ask you to pay that much for my food." She glanced up as the server returned.

"Can I take your-"

In her haste, Fay didn't even let the server finish. "I'll have bread. If it's free. If not some lemon wedges will do fine." She stammered out quickly. Her stomach growled loudly in protest to her attempts of selflessness.
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Hollows, Hollows, Hollows   Hollows, Hollows, Hollows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 10:55 pm

Just before Riye had the chance to say it was alright, the waitress came and Fay ordered bread...if it were free, anyway.

Riye shook her head, "I don't mind getting curry rice if you want that, I have the money; don't worry."

Fay had saved her from being a hollow's evening snack, even if she did see it as some sort of duty to protect people in trouble as she'd put it earlier she'd still saved her life! The least she could do was buy her a meal, it wasn't that expensive...

"It's not that expensive, I can afford it." She smiled, hopefully reassuringly.
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

PostSubject: Re: Hollows, Hollows, Hollows   Hollows, Hollows, Hollows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 1:19 am

Fay looked from the waitress to Riye, then back to the waitress. She pouted and huffed, her cheeks puffing ever so slightly, glancing between the two of them again. She still didn't want Riye to have to pay for her. But now she was sort of put on the spot. She crossed her arms and sat back. "Well. I suppose I will have the curry rice then...." She pouted a little more, before looking over at Riye. "Thank you." She said quietly.

She waited for Riye to order and the waitress to leave before sighing. "Really. Thank you. I'm not used to people repaying me for helping them." She admitted, crossing her arms sullenly. She felt like she'd made a fool of herself.
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Hollows, Hollows, Hollows   Hollows, Hollows, Hollows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 1:56 am

"Welcome, it's not a problem." Riye replied after the waitress left once their orders had been placed, she having ordered the teriyaki for herself.

"Sorry, if cutting in like that upset you too I just...you need more than bread and like I said, it's my treat!"

"They don't?" She blinked, her eyes having widened a bit in surprise at the mention of people she rescued not repaying her in some way.

Others didn't usually repay her? Did they leave right after or did she? Either way...Riye couldn't imagine not offering her something as thanks for something as big as saving her life.

"That's strange...though I guess it's just people, I can't imagine not offering you some form of thanks. I'd be dead if it weren't for your help after all." She added with a small, sheepish laugh.
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

PostSubject: Re: Hollows, Hollows, Hollows   Hollows, Hollows, Hollows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 2:08 am

She shifted uncomfortably. As unaccustomed as she was to having people pay for her or thank her for her help, she was even more unused to feeling like she'd offended someone. Most of her social situations with strangers were tense if not outright hostile. Really, sitting in a restaurant like this with someone friendly was almost foreign to her. "S..sorry." She tried as best as she could to give a small bow at the table. "You didn't upset me.. I...." She frowned a little frustrated at trying to figure out the words. "Thank you." She said again with finality.

With that finally over, she replied to her concerns. "No.. I don't usually socialize with people I help or stick around but you needed protection and I couldn't abandon you. And then usually they either are nervous to talk to me because I represent danger to them or, sometimes they can't see me." She played with her place setting absentmindedly.
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Hollows, Hollows, Hollows   Hollows, Hollows, Hollows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 2:16 am

Sometimes they couldn't see her? Did that mean she could...or had the ability to be like shinigami or spirits in general, with not being able to be seen by normal humans? It would make sense, some of the things she'd said earlier hinted that she had probably lived a long time as well...like she'd learned some spiritual beings did.

"I see, I'm...it's hard for me to socialize too; well, I can be social once I've spoken to someone for a little bit...starting out though it can be a little hard. Thank you though, for sticking around...I really appreciate it."
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

PostSubject: Re: Hollows, Hollows, Hollows   Hollows, Hollows, Hollows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 2:48 am

She glanced up from the placemat, noticing her look of curiosity. Well, she might as well explain it. She seemed at ease with Phaedra. Hopefully it would bring her comfort that she had some supernatural abilities beyond awareness. Or maybe it would freak her out. "I see you're confused. I'm... Well... not... entirely human. I can sort of...exit this form... and exist as a spirit.. I don't like doing it though. It's a little scary. Point is, I'm stronger that way and those hollows were already weaker then me, so you have nothing to fear," she assured her, reasoning that was the cause of her curiosity.

"O-oh." She looked... blank. She didn't seem to react at all. "You're trying to be social with me?" She asked simply.
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Hollows, Hollows, Hollows   Hollows, Hollows, Hollows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 3:27 am

"Ah...I...had a feeling but I wasn't positive." Riye answered, her smile small but still there. "It's okay, I'm not afraid."

She hadn't exactly known how or whether it would be right to ask at all...but either way it didn't really matter to her, spiritual beings were easier for her to talk to anyway; she felt more at ease around other people with abilities or at least were aware of things...she was having a nice time talking to Fay, even if they hadn't talked about very much other than powers and food.

"I'm not...exactly used to my own abilities either; I can't exit my body but...yeah, I suppose I should get used to them though, maybe I can become more comfortable with them? I mean, the defensive abilities are helpful...just strange."

At Fay's question, Riye gave a small nod. "Mhmm, so far, even if we haven't spoken about too many things I'm having a nice time talking."
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

PostSubject: Re: Hollows, Hollows, Hollows   Hollows, Hollows, Hollows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 4:07 am

"Well....Well.." She crossed her arms and looked away, as if there was something highly interesting going on on the wall.  This Riye girl seemed nice enough to talk to.  And she was spiritually aware.  Friends were very few and far between in her life.  While it seemed... unlikely she might make one as simple as this, she had no particular reason to DOUBT Riye..  

"I'm glad you aren't afraid.  There's no reason to be.  I feel weird enough about my own abilities some times.  There's no reason for someone like you to be afraid of them."  There were plenty of reasons why criminals should be afraid, however.

"But... are you saying.. you want to be friends?" The movement was subtle, but her hand had started to grip the table. Her face showed no red, but there was a softness there that hadn't been before. If Riye were perceptive enough, she'd note that Fay was quite nervous about that.
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Hollows, Hollows, Hollows   Hollows, Hollows, Hollows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 4:16 am

Friends?

"That would be nice, if we could be." Riye answered, "If you want to be too..."

She didn't really have friends she could really...talk to, no spiritually aware friends that were always around, not that Fay had to stick around to be considered a friend it was just...nice. The question had made Riye a bit nervous too but she was speaking honestly.

Fay...seemed nervous too? Both of them didn't seem to really have many friends so...maybe a friendship between the two of them would be good. Riye thought it would be nice anyway...
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

PostSubject: Re: Hollows, Hollows, Hollows   Hollows, Hollows, Hollows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 4:24 am

Fay studied Riye for a moment, before turning her attention away. Just anywhere away. She wasn't sure about this. Friendship frequently ended badly. Either with them getting hurt or, unfortunately sometimes, worse. Riye seemed nice and she didn't want that to happen to her. But at the same time, the modern age things were.... Well, not safer persay, but... it was easier...

She lifted one arm and rubbed the upper part of her other. "I.. I don't know... I'm not particularly used to someone WANTING to be my friend..." She said honestly. "People are mostly afraid of me, try to use me, or if they want to be my friend, it's preposterous because they could never possibly know me. You already know more about spiritual things then I do, though..." She sounded unsure.

"I'm sorry. I don't mean to sound like I don't want to be your friend. I'm just..."

The waitress returned at that moment, setting down their drinks followed by plates of food, visibly startling Fay. She was quickly gone, leaving them alone with their meals.

"Do you really enjoy my company?" Fay asked, glancing from Riye down to her food.
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Hollows, Hollows, Hollows   Hollows, Hollows, Hollows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 5:06 am

Once their food and drinks had been brought to them a small flash of concern passed through Riye as the waitress had seemingly caught the other woman off guard and startled her before she spoke again.

"Well, I'm having a nice time talking to you...so I'd say I do." Riye gave another small smile, another one she hoped was reassuring as she answered. "I promise, I won't try to use you...it's...that's mean."

It probably wasn't something that would be believed just like that but if Fay allowed it then she could prove her words right. Using people, she wasn't the type to...if she could make friends, she'd cherish them. Those small interactions she had, the ones that lasted maybe the course of an hour or so, she cherished those too, they were all important.
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

PostSubject: Re: Hollows, Hollows, Hollows   Hollows, Hollows, Hollows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 2:01 pm

Fay studied Riye for a few long moments, her mouth twisting about in consideration. Well... She did like talking to her well enough... Plus, if she was friends with her she could keep an eye on her hollow situation less conspicuously.

Finally after a few more tense seconds, Fay answered "Okay!" She smiled brightly before turning her attention to her food.

Glancing over the curry rice she felt her stomach grumbling again. She clasped her hands together and dipped her head forward, murmuring something under her breath before picking up her utensils. "Well! Let's eat!" She proclaimed before digging in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hollows, Hollows, Hollows   Hollows, Hollows, Hollows - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hollows, Hollows, Hollows
Page 2 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next